• Register
  • Help

Topic: Notion - London Symphony Orchestra Samples

Share/Bookmark

Notion - London Symphony Orchestra Samples

I probably won't buy NOTION (now available for the Mac), as I recently bought Sibelius, but I thought the LSO samples recorded at Abbey Road for the program sounded very good.

I now see that they will soon sell expansion packs of the samples for very low prices (String samples for $49). Does anyone know if it would be possible to buy these sound libraries and play them through Kontakt 2? Would that break any license agreements?

Maybe no one can answer this question since they're not even available yet. Never hurts to ask.

JD

Re: Notion - London Symphony Orchestra Samples

I would love to hear that.

The samples are proprietary to the Notion audio engine.
    Peter L. Alexander
    www.professionalorchestration.com
    www.alexanderpublishing.com
    Learn it right the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by dackl
    I probably won't buy NOTION (now available for the Mac), as I recently bought Sibelius, but I thought the LSO samples recorded at Abbey Road for the program sounded very good.

I now see that they will soon sell expansion packs of the samples for very low prices (String samples for $49). Does anyone know if it would be possible to buy these sound libraries and play them through Kontakt 2? Would that break any license agreements?

Maybe no one can answer this question since they're not even available yet. Never hurts to ask.

JD
    You thought that they were good compared with what?!? I agree if you are using the built-in sounds of a SoundBlaster, then my neighbour's singing sounds good in comparison, but they are not as good as any of the options that you can get to use with Sibelius or Finale.

As you've bought Sib, why not check out GPO Sibelius Edition, as I think that the sounds are of a higher quality than Notion.

D

Go Back to forum