• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT: Soundtrack Pro - Audio out?

Share/Bookmark

OT: Soundtrack Pro - Audio out?

i picked up soundtrack pro recently, but can't seem to find a way to route the audio out thru my motu system other than to set it as the default system out, which i hate because then all the system sounds come booming thru my monitors.

most audio apps have some sorta "audio out" preference, but i can't find one in STP. anybody have a clue?!?

i've read several reviews of the app, but this was never mentioned - seems like a pretty obvious deviation from SOP to me.

sorry for the OT post, but i figured i'd get an answer faster here.

thanks!!!
    john
    John DeBorde

Composer of Music for Film, TV and Interactive Media

Re: OT: Soundtrack Pro - Audio out?

I don't have SoundTrack Pro, but GarageBand also has problems with MOTU hardware. You can get it to go out the hardware if that's what's set in the Sound control panel, but it will only go out the first two outputs of the first interface hooked up to the PCI-424 card - which are highly unlikely to be the ones hooked up to your monitors.

Re: OT: Soundtrack Pro - Audio out?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Batzdorf
    I don't have SoundTrack Pro, but GarageBand also has problems with MOTU hardware. You can get it to go out the hardware if that's what's set in the Sound control panel, but it will only go out the first two outputs of the first interface hooked up to the PCI-424 card - which are highly unlikely to be the ones hooked up to your monitors.

well that's totally bogus. are there different routing options available with other hardware? audio output is not even available as an option anywhere in soundtrack (that i've found).

seems like pretty basic stuff to me. what audio pro wants to route their audio out the regular mac sound output.

hmph.
    John DeBorde

Composer of Music for Film, TV and Interactive Media

Go Back to forum