• Register
  • Help

Topic: Underworld RMX

Share/Bookmark

Underworld RMX

Hi,

Am I imagining things or did Paul Haslinger an extensive use of Stylus RMX in the Underworld (I) score? I mean *really* extensive, like most of the hits and even some loops? I would be interested in this, I like the score alot, has a very sympathic gothic feel to it and works very well with the movie.

Thanks,
    Markus.

Re: Underworld RMX

I think your imagining things. Underworld 1 is from 2003 - He might be using Stylus though, but not RMX (unless he got it before the rest of us - or unless I have forgotten when RMX was released)

Its however entirely conceivable that hes using it for Underworld 2

Quote Originally Posted by Marcussen
    I think your imagining things. Underworld 1 is from 2003 - He might be using Stylus though, but not RMX (unless he got it before the rest of us - or unless I have forgotten when RMX was released)

Its however entirely conceivable that hes using it for Underworld 2
    So I was imagining things.. (wouldn't surprise me). Then, maybe was it the other way round : Was Stylus inspired by this soundtrack? Or is there some commun source?

Thanks,
    Markus.

the metamorphosis library from spectrasonics has a lot of stuff that sounds like the core library of stylus rmx.. maybe he just used metamorphosis a lot.
    rsp
    richard sven
    sound sculptist
    ------------------
    Nuendo 4.3 | Intel DP35DP : Intel Quad Core QX 6700 : 4GB RAM | Windows XP Pro SP3 | Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | 2xUAD-1, UAD-2 Quad |

Cubase 4.5.2 | MacBookPro 2.16 Ghz | 10.6.3 | 2GB | TC Konnekt 8

Paul's a big Spectrasonics fan and there's a ton of our stuff in his work...especially in Underworld.

He featured Atmosphere, Stylus Classic, Metamorphosis and many other Spectrasonics products on that score.

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum
    Paul's a big Spectrasonics fan and there's a ton of our stuff in his work...especially in Underworld.

He featured Atmosphere, Stylus Classic, Metamorphosis and many other Spectrasonics products on that score.
    Ah OK, thanks, that was what I was curious about. I love the sounds, he used in Underworld, those huge metallic hit, this is just awsome.

Congratulations, I don't know much about electronic music, but Athmosphere and Stylus RMX were great investments and are outstanding products.

All the best,
    Markus.

Go Back to forum