• Register
  • Help

Topic: My Old Sig on CNN...

Share/Bookmark

Talking My Old Sig on CNN...

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    "So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Re: My Old Sig on CNN...

Quote Originally Posted by Ernstinen
    Dubya was riding with, I believe, the two Kansas senators and the governor. Looking out the window, Bush says : "See that sawgrass? Someday we're going to make energy out of it!"
    Last year I drove from Florida to the Sturgis Rally in South Dakota. First time I had driven thru that part of the country and was amazed at the amount of cornfields I passed thru (a couple of days worth)!

I do believe we could solve the energy problem with ethanol if we had some good long-range planning. It was tried a little bit back in the 70's, but not whole-heartedly.

...and corn whisky is drinkable, too!

;-)

Jim Jarnagin - no not THAT Jim Jarnagin, the other one.

Quote Originally Posted by southportJim
    Last year I drove from Florida to the Sturgis Rally in South Dakota. First time I had driven thru that part of the country and was amazed at the amount of cornfields I passed thru (a couple of days worth)!

I do believe we could solve the energy problem with ethanol if we had some good long-range planning. It was tried a little bit back in the 70's, but not whole-heartedly.

...and corn whisky is drinkable, too!

;-)
    You should have come a few hours N E. We could have downed some of that corn whiskey.

Sturgis, huh? Cool. Sidenote: While vacationing with family in Bellfouche, SD as a young child, somewhere around the time that Sturgis rally was going on, we were swimming at a local pond. The real Hell's Angels showed up, took off their clothes, and proceeded to bathe with us. Some may argue that that explains a lot about me.
    "They get what they vote for." PaulR

Quote Originally Posted by Danimal
    You should have come a few hours N E. We could have downed some of that corn whiskey.

Sturgis, huh? Cool. Sidenote: While vacationing with family in Bellfouche, SD as a young child, somewhere around the time that Sturgis rally was going on, we were swimming at a local pond. The real Hell's Angels showed up, took off their clothes, and proceeded to bathe with us. Some may argue that that explains a lot about me.
    If I go back in the future I'll take you up on that corn whiskey offer!

The Sturgis rally was pretty cool...have never seen so many bikes! Draw a hundred mile circle around Rapid City and every small town in that circle had hundreds of bikes parked in double rows down the middle of "main street"...with hundreds and hundreds more traveling on the roads between at any given moment. Incredible.

But I did kinda wonder what the real outlaw bikers think about all the "outlaw wannabes"...

;-)

If I go back in the future I'll take you up on that corn whiskey offer!
    Sounds like a good plan. I'll round up the voluptuous Norwegian women.

But I did kinda wonder what the real outlaw bikers think about all the "outlaw wannabes"...

;-)
    They love it. It gives them a chance to go rob their homes while the wanna bes are away at Sturgis. He he.

What kind of bike do you have?
    "They get what they vote for." PaulR

Quote Originally Posted by Danimal
    What kind of bike do you have?
    Don't have a bike any more...I drove out in my little Ford pickup to meet an old friend from Houston who recently got back into riding (he got both kids thru college and out of the house so he bought himself a Harley to celebrate). He rode out with his boss and some folks from his work...I met them in Rapid City and then carried the ice chests and munchies in the pickup during the Sturgis runs.

Back in the day I rode BSAs and rice-burners...got a Honda 750 the first year they came out (when they were still fast...before the K series) and years later a Kawasaki...I survived that part of my life (barely) and gave it up after my son was born.

What's that John Gorka line "You fill your clothes with keys and damned responsibilities, trading the maybe for the sure"?

So anyway I came back from Sturgis last year all fired up and figured I needed not one, but two bikes (a cruiser and a tourer...couldn't decide so why not get both!). Sanity has returned somewhat in the meantime, and I managed to hold off for a while.

BUT if I can ever get my kid into and out of college I think there will be a Harley or a BMW in the garage.

;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Ernstinen
    Now, SAWGRASS is another story --- But Bush is a brilliant man
    That's how he relaxes in the evening, experimenting with weed.

Ern

L. John Ernst (What I just said is legal, FBI!)

...wonder if he inhales?

;-)

Go Back to forum