• Register
  • Help

Topic: My solution to computer problems

Share/Bookmark

My solution to computer problems

I get the feeling that most people on this forum are fairly computer literate and do their own computer hardware upgrades and trouble shooting, etc.
    I'm not one of those people. I have enough trouble just learning the applications. So, I did the same thing I do with my car when it needs an oil change. Took it to Jiffy Lube ( The Geek Squad).
    I set the computer on the counter and said "The thing is running like crap. It's crashing all the time. I have this new software (GS3) in there and now it's really unstable. Here's what I want. A second drive installed, bump up the ram to 1.5 gigs, a fresh install of XP Home SP2, and one of those video cards you can run 2 monitors on".
    They called once the next day and said the power supply was too small. I had them put in a new 480 watt unit. Apparently they run some sort of diagnostics test and replaced the CD drive for free (was still on warranty).
    The end result is my computer runs like a top now. I have not had a single crash of Sonar or GS3. I will not hesitate to take it back to them for future needs.

Re: My solution to computer problems

Very interesting, where ca wee find The Geek Squad?...btw, the name is cool, i love it, but geeks are not supose to be cool???

Anyway, thanks for the info.

Out here in Califoria they have their own counter inside the Best Buy stores. I don't know how widespread they are nationally. For a price they'll come out to your home/business and fix it.
    I just checked out their web site and they have currently 700 locations nationwide, in every Best Buy and at Geek Squad Stores. And they're in Canada.

Thanks commalot.

Go Back to forum