• Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Best Rom Piano Ever

Share/Bookmark

Best Rom Piano Ever

That's the piano sound I was looking for:

Listen:http://www.yamahasynth.com/demos/s90...ES_Demo_M1.mp3

Look:http://www.yamahasynth.com/products/s90es/index.html

What a huge improvement over my Motif ES8!

Re: Best Rom Piano Ever

Yeah - that's a huge improvement. Lots more 'air' to the sample.

I still (slightly) prefer the raw sample on Kurzweil PC2s, but the superior filters/hardware on the Yamaha really make their samples shine.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexcremers
    That's the piano sound I was looking for:
    (
    This is what I was trying to convey on that other thread about piano sounds. This is the keyboard I use for instance. What else do you need.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulR
    What else do you need.
    A soundcard with this piano that I can plug into my ES8. Is this possible? Please, let it be possible.

I like this very much. So many sampled pianos have a hard, almost brittle attack. This sound is very smooth and pleasing. How the heck do they fit it into only 53MB?!

Best,
    Jay

Yes a very nice piano. My master keyboard is my old Technics PX7 (first 'affordable' digital piano) which I bought new in 1986!!! Great weighted action and a gorgeous sound which I love to this day.....not unlike the sound of yours. The bass notes were recorded at five levels, the midrange notes at seven and the treble notes at three.....now there's sensible economy! Unfortunately I can't find the sample memory mentioned in any of the documentation....but it certainly wouldn't have been very much....that's for sure! Ahhhhhh..... what pleasure I had playing this piano through my Alesis Microverb (first affordable digital reverb) into a pair of headphones........Heaven........!!!

(Do you notice a trend here......I bought GPO too.....first affordable quality sampled orchestra......Hmmmmm )

I did try a Yamaha CLP55? at the time but it had a digital hash trail at the ends of samples which spoilt an otherwise decent sound. Pianos have improved, of course, but in terms of satisfaction it is diminishing returns. I still regard the PX7 sound as sounding realistic.....so what more can you want?

Thanks for sharing this.

Whisper.......I think the PX7 was recorded from a Steinway!

Frank

I just exchanged my Motif ES8 with a S-90 SE and I couldn't be more happy. I know it's "only" 53MB but that piano is a delight to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexcremers
    I just exchanged my Motif ES8 with a S-90 SE and I couldn't be more happy. I know it's "only" 53MB but that piano is a delight to play.
    That's good Alex. A lot of this stuff regarding gigs and gigs of samples for pianos is all BS you know. If you've got any kind of playing technique (chops I think you Yanks call it) you can make a Casio sound OK.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulR
    If you've got any kind of playing technique (chops I think you Yanks call it) you can make a Casio sound OK.
    I agree Spartacus, but a really good piano sample library can inspire (imho)
    Still, I like my piano card for my Roland XV -5080.
    "So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Yeah, these people truly know how to get the most out of a couple of megs. I compared the piano of S-90 SE to the Fantom-X and the RD700-SX and clearly, the S-90 SE is superior in every thinkable way, especially in the loops (sorry, Laurent and Olivier) .

Brian, you just might throw away your big piano sample libraries once you've heard the Yamaha.

Alex

Go Back to forum