• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO and logic Pro 7

Share/Bookmark

GPO and logic Pro 7

Hi everybody,

I am a new user of GPO and fairly comfortable with the use of Logic.
    I have also read through the excellent tutorials posted on your website with regards to setting up a multiinstrument in logic so that GPO can be loaded as a multi Ins. However despite follwing these steps I am still not successful in playing more than one instrument in a multi ins.

steps I took:
    Started a new layer in environment called "GPO"
    made a new 8 channel multi ins with all channels enabled.
    Routed this to an audio object (audio ins) loaded with GPO in multichannel mode; loaded 6 different string section on different MIDI channels with different audio outs ( panned instruments) inturn routed to aux channels.

when I bring up the MIDI 6 ins in arrange windows with their respective audio objects, I can only play the patches loaded into channel 1; this happens even if I try playing any of the other 5 instruments.
    Completely frustrating... and I might be missing some small detail. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

Re: GPO and logic Pro 7

isn't there anyone who has a working environment with logic who can help me?

MAke sure on the GPO player ,each instr. is set to a separate channel

So if you loaded a violin, cello and bass in one instance of GPO. then make sure Violin is set for Ch 1 in the GPO player...Cello is set for CH 2 in the same GPO player, BAss is et for CH 3 in the player.

I used to miss this a lot. Maybe this is the problem.
    Steve Hanlon, guitarist/composer
    Logic 7, PowerMac DP 2.0 (8- RAM slot model), 4GB RAM, OS 10.4.11
    UAD-1 Ultra Pak
    Lots of V.I. and sound effects
    Apogee Rosetta 200
    Great River ME-1NV
    Blue Sky Monitors

Quote Originally Posted by SteveHanlon
    MAke sure on the GPO player ,each instr. is set to a separate channel

So if you loaded a violin, cello and bass in one instance of GPO. then make sure Violin is set for Ch 1 in the GPO player...Cello is set for CH 2 in the same GPO player, BAss is et for CH 3 in the player.

I used to miss this a lot. Maybe this is the problem.

Steve,
    Thanks for your post. Yes, I did make sure all the instruments are on separate MIDI channels when loaded into the Kontakt player. Infact, the MIDI channels happen automatically when the blank banks on the top are selected. I have also sent pairs of banks to a single stereo channel panned hard. The thing that frustrates me is that I can see the signal chain working asI get sounds when I play these MIDI tracks in arrange window. However it is always the same instrument loaded on channel 1. This is despite making sure that all of them are on diffedrent midi channels.
    Do you happen to have a working logic environment on which I can test my setup?

thanks in advance

Go Back to forum