• Register
  • Help

Topic: Multis?

Share/Bookmark

Multis?

Hi everyone. I just purchased GPO and have been using it now for about a week. (Love the sounds!) I noticed that I don't have anything listed under "multis". Do I have a different version or is the documentation incorrect?

Thanks.
    Todd

Re: Multis?

Perhaps this question was dumber than I first thought? Anyone there?

Quote Originally Posted by myndthegap
    Perhaps this question was dumber than I first thought? Anyone there?
    I don't have a clue other than to try re-installing...but it's unusual to go for two days with no response on this forum.

ANYBODY HAVE IDEAS?
    ;-)

Jim Jarnagin - no not THAT Jim Jarnagin, the other one.

Quote Originally Posted by southportJim
    I don't have a clue other than to try re-installing...but it's unusual to go for two days with no response on this forum.

ANYBODY HAVE IDEAS?
    ;-)
    Not so unusual when I'm off in L.A. and away from the forum for a week! Actually, this gives me an idea: Why don't I permanently go on the road and then I will never need to answer a forum question again!!

Unfortunately, I don't really have an answer to this one. We have now received two reports of multis failing to install - possibly related to version 2 of GPO. I'll see if I can spot any clues on this one. If not, I'll try to supply an alternative. In the meantime, keep in mind that the multis are just a grouping of regular instruments in separate slots of a single player, provided as a convenience. Nothing special about the instruments themselves.

Tom

Hi Tod,

Welcome to the forum. Check to see if there are any files in the "Multis" folder. They reside in a folder called "GPO Libraries." On a Mac they can be found in your "Applications" folder. I'm not sure where they live in PC land. If you don't find any files, try reinstalling again.

You should update to the latest version of GPO from the Garritan site. Before you install the new library files it's probably a good idea to trash the old instrument and multi files.

Best of luck with GPO,

Karl

Edit: Well as I was typing Tom beat me to the punch. Always listen to him. He's the guy that wrote the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hopkins
    Not so unusual when I'm off in L.A. and away from the forum for a week! Actually, this gives me an idea: Why don't I permanently go on the road and then I will never need to answer a forum question again!!
    Tom
    OOPS!!!! Tom, my apologies...I wasn't referring to you!. It's pretty common for forum members to provide help, and actually I had not noticed the original post myself for two days. I was just trying to call attention to the thread.

;-)

Jim Jarnagin - no not THAT Jim Jarnagin, the other one.

Quote Originally Posted by southportJim

ANYBODY HAVE IDEAS?
    ;-)
    Hi,

I've recently installed GPO and also didn't get any multis. Tried reinstalling ... still nothing. No directory entry either.

Iain

Cool Re: Multis?

Thanks for the help. It's not a big concern - I'm aware that they are just for convenience, but hey, a time saver is a time saver. My real concern was that there may be some slight difference in the version I have. I'll try to reinstall and check for the folders. Still loving the sounds!

Same issue here ... none & nothing ...
    re-installed & nada ...
    I re-built my own multi preferences, but that's not what it is all about, right ? ( should be in there already ).

Good luck,

- atonal

Go Back to forum