• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: My new piece, "A Gift from the Ocean"

Share/Bookmark

Smile My new piece, "A Gift from the Ocean"

There was a premiere performance of my new orchestral suite called "A Gift from the Ocean" by the Torrance Sympnony, conducted by me.

And here is mp3.
    http://www.wisemanproject.com/mp3s/0...n-torrance.mp3

"Ti-Do-Ti-Do" is the basic material of this composition.

Instrumentation is:
    2 Flutes
    1 Oboe
    1 English Horn
    2 Clarinets in Bb
    2 Bassoons
    2 French Horns

2 Percussion parts
    1 Harp

String section
    Kentaro Sato (Ken-P)
    Composer/Conductor/Orchestrator
    www.wisemanproject.com

Re: My new piece, "A Gift from the Ocean"

As always, your pieces are very musical, very flowing, and moving. This piece is very uplifting, showing a very good taste in the composition, specially in the transitions. I love your conducting too...what can I say, I like your music a lot

Iván

Thumbs up Re: My new piece, "A Gift from the Ocean"

Ironic that I have to wait for a work day in order to hear yours or anyone else's music. Your music is not to be missed!
    Styxx

Excellent work! I enjoyed this very much! This can't be missed.

-Cata
    ♪♪♪♪ CâTå ♪♪♪♪

yes definely good Ken!!!

your music is always uplifting!!

Congrats,
    Roberto

Smile Re: My new piece, "A Gift from the Ocean"

Quote Originally Posted by Ken-P
    There was a premiere performance of my new orchestral suite called "A Gift from the Ocean" by the Torrance Sympnony, conducted by me.

And here is mp3.
    http://www.wisemanproject.com/mp3s/0...n-torrance.mp3

"Ti-Do-Ti-Do" is the basic material of this composition.
    Quite a nice atmosphere, a bit conventional, but effective. In the recording the percussions seems too close, but the orchestral textures are clean and well orchestrated/conducted, bravo.

Ti-Do seems to me definitely not the basic material... (you use a lot of little but evident themes, not based on ti-do of course).
    How "basic" are you meaning? It's interesting...

Smile Re: My new piece, "A Gift from the Ocean"

>>Ti-Do seems to me definitely not the basic material..

Yeah, it sounds not like it, hahaha. But for me, it is the basic material... Or I should say it was the starting point of the entire process of this perticular composition.

There is a TV CM that I see a lot on History channel in US, and it goes like this... A couple (?) visits a famous architect. On the way to his office, the architect told the couple about his or his company's works around the world. In his office, he now says "What can I do for you?" The woman bring up a faucet from her bag and says "Design a house around this."

For me, "Ti-Do~" was like that faucet.
    Kentaro Sato (Ken-P)
    Composer/Conductor/Orchestrator
    www.wisemanproject.com

Very beautiful piece, Ken!

Many congratulations!

It is always a great pleasure to hear your work, with its thoroughly crafted orchestrations... top-flight job on the performance and conducting, too.

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    -
    Post Scriptum:
    By the way, I build quite a lot of pieces starting with nothing but a "faucet" myself... two, three notes at most.

Thumbs up Re: My new piece, "A Gift from the Ocean"

Quote Originally Posted by Ken-P
    >>Ti-Do seems to me definitely not the basic material..

Yeah, it sounds not like it, hahaha. But for me, it is the basic material... Or I should say it was the starting point of the entire process of this perticular composition.

There is a TV CM that I see a lot on History channel in US, and it goes like this... A couple (?) visits a famous architect. On the way to his office, the architect told the couple about his or his company's works around the world. In his office, he now says "What can I do for you?" The woman bring up a faucet from her bag and says "Design a house around this."

For me, "Ti-Do~" was like that faucet.
    Nice description! I like your way of creating links between music and life, and between rational and emotional (it's IMO the way every true musician think!).

Maybe you know the Bach's canon "fa-mi-mi-fa est tota musica" based on the same concept. Even if you don't, you have glorious ancestors!

Brilliant!

It's wonderful that the Torrance Symphony was able to play your piece!! This is absolutely beautiful; your voice leading and orchestration skills are astounding! The crescendos and use of percussion are especially effective. This piece evokes such wonderful emotion!

What more can I say?

Thank you for sharing your music with us. I love it!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Go Back to forum