• Register
  • Help

Topic: Updated JABB piano PROBLEMS

Share/Bookmark

Updated JABB piano PROBLEMS

I am wondering if anyone else is experiencing this. The updated JABB fixed some timing issues with the piano (I read somewhere in these forums). But I am finding the new piano problematic:

1) A LOT of latency compared to the other instruments. Every other instrument responds on time, but the updated piano has considerable lag. I can use the GPO piano instead and that is a workaround, I realize, but not a solution.

2) Sustained chords cut off suddenly. Has there been a new keyswitch added?

I'm stumped.....

As I say, I'll use the GPO Steinway in the meantime....nice to have options
    Mac Pro 2X2.8 Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xenon, 10Gb 800 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM, OS10.6.4, Finale 2011, Digital Performer 7.1, Altiverb 6, Yamaha S90, Built-in audio, GPO, JABB, Garritan Authorized Steinway (Pro), Reason 3, M-Audio Ozone, Giovani, Symphonic Choirs, Kontakt 2, Vienna Symphonic Library. Website:http://www.paulread.ca

Re: Updated JABB piano PROBLEMS

Hi!

1) This is very strange! For me, it's just the other way round! I experienced lag (not timing problems as such!) with the original version of the JABB piano and brought up the issue, which has improved significantly with the recent update!

2) The reason may be the setting for the sustain pedal: You want to change its function to "normal" (or sustain, or whatever it's called, can't look it up right now) in the player.

Regards,
    Erik

Hi Erik

Thanks for the post.

The problem has disappeared....REALLY WEIRD. I didn't restart my software nor my computer. It just went away after i recorded onto another track. The only thing I did was add the GPO Steinway and used it (It was fine). And then I thought I'd try the JABB piano again and all was fine.

You know, for me the original JABB piano was perfectly timed. The new one is slightly lagged but ok.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by efreitag
    Hi!

1) This is very strange! For me, it's just the other way round! I experienced lag (not timing problems as such!) with the original version of the JABB piano and brought up the issue, which has improved significantly with the recent update!

2) The reason may be the setting for the sustain pedal: You want to change its function to "normal" (or sustain, or whatever it's called, can't look it up right now) in the player.

Regards,

Erik
    Mac Pro 2X2.8 Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xenon, 10Gb 800 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM, OS10.6.4, Finale 2011, Digital Performer 7.1, Altiverb 6, Yamaha S90, Built-in audio, GPO, JABB, Garritan Authorized Steinway (Pro), Reason 3, M-Audio Ozone, Giovani, Symphonic Choirs, Kontakt 2, Vienna Symphonic Library. Website:http://www.paulread.ca

Quote Originally Posted by daerp@mac.com
    You know, for me the original JABB piano was perfectly timed. The new one is slightly lagged but ok.
    Paul,

The new one should be faster in response time compared to the older one, not the other way around. The sample start markers have been moved in most samples to place them closer to the initial attack, hence the faster response time. If for some system reason you are getting better performance (or even just prefer the older settings) then, by all means, use the original .nki files for the piano. They are on your original install disc.

Tom

Tom

Mmmmm... interesting. Must just be my imagination. No, I don't find the new settings bothersome in anyway. The piano still feels responsive and I feel no need to go back to the original install. My comment on feeling a slight difference goes to micro amounts anyway. I'm quite used to, now the new piano and enjoy it and, for that matter, the entire update.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hopkins
    Paul,

The new one should be faster in response time compared to the older one, not the other way around. The sample start markers have been moved in most samples to place them closer to the initial attack, hence the faster response time. If for some system reason you are getting better performance (or even just prefer the older settings) then, by all means, use the original .nki files for the piano. They are on your original install disc.

Tom

Go Back to forum