• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: More from NAMM

Share/Bookmark

More from NAMM

Many meetings yesterday and today - notation companies, sequencing companies, music tech companies, programmers, distributors, retailers, press people, etc. I won't bore you with the details.

Doyle Donehoo came by and helped out. Doyle is an excellent composer (and a NS moderator at the Game Audio forum) He programmed the new Reason Refill version of GPO and was demonstrating it at our booth.

I had an enjoyable lunch with Electronic Musician editor Steve Oppenheimer and Joe Perry yesterday.

Some forum members came by: Pat Azzarello, Chris Caouette, Joseph Carrillo, David Budde, David Kempton and many others.

At the show I saw some interesting new things:

Notion announced version 1.5 which includes MIDI entry, Music XML import, and NotionPlayer conducting tools. NotionPlayer allows the user to "conduct" the software to accompany live performers. Cakewalk announced the release of Rapture, a new wavetable synthesizer. Native Instruments announced Kore, a new VST host complete with hardware interface, librarian and sound editor. MOTU announced a new ethnic/world virtual instrument and were giving some impressive demos. And AmuseTech was showing a really neat tablet PC scoring program. And the MediaRain folks, web based notation, came by, Aitan Temi was playing his drum samples on this Zendrum controller. Totally cool midi device. I also met with Steve Howell and Jim Norman at Alesis. They showed me the new Alesis Fusion. Very impressive keyboard workstation.

I saw Jim Van Buskirk at the Tascam booth and got a demonstration of their Giga violin and Giga Virtual Instruments. I had written Tascam several years ago with an idea of developing a GSTi (GigaStudio Technology virtual Instrument) and I'm glad they have done it.
    I also met with people from Sony and Ableton.

I spent a good part of the day Saturday with Gary Green, Vice President of Steinway and Sons. We had lunch and later had a chance to meet with the editors of Electronic Musician, Keyboard and Recording.

George Duke came by the booth and had a thorough demonstration of Jazz and Big Band. Looks like he'll be a JABB user very soon.

I had a Starbucks meeting with Kurt Beiderwolf and Stephen Croes from Berklee. And we planned the next visit to Berklee.

After the show a number of us went to dinner with PapaChalk and DeSound. We had a fun and relaxed time with some of our forum friends.

Tomorrow is the last day at NAMM. It's been a busy few weeks - CES followed by IAJE followed by NAMM. I'll miss the excitement but I can't wait to get home and get some R&R.

I tried to get on the chat on Friday but by the time I got on chat had ended. I won't be there tomorrow but I'm looking forward to see many of you on next Friday's chat.

I'll post some pictures when I get back.

Gary Garritan

Re: More from NAMM

super dooper Gary!

Dan

It looks like this is going to be a prosperous year for Garritan libraries... you deserve it Gary! and some time to relax too.

I'm looking forward to seeing some info about the Kontakt 2 player versions of strad an cello (I suppose you'll release the cello with the player too) and that promising Steinway.

Have a nice time!

That went quick! Sounds as if you're ready to kick back and enjoy well deserved west and weewacsation.
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    That went quick! Sounds as if you're ready to kick back and enjoy well deserved west and weewacsation.
    Thanks guys. West and weewacsation sounds good. Then it's wabbit season

Thumbs up Re: More from NAMM

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Thanks guys. West and weewacsation sounds good. Then it's wabbit season
    Duck Season!
    Styxx

Wabbit season..

Duck season. Fire!
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

You're...dithpicable!
    ~Sam Ferrara~

Gary, you certainly got my attention: A Reason Refill of GPO? When will we see it? How will we be able to get it? Will it replace the Kontakt engine with the NNXT?

Go Back to forum