• Register
  • Help

Topic: Orchestral Sounds library 4 Kontakt 2

Share/Bookmark

Orchestral Sounds library 4 Kontakt 2

Hello,

Can anyone tell me what is the best quality Orchestral Sounds library that: “Uses the new features of KONTAKT 2, like scripting, convolution, surround, its new filters as well as beat-, tone- and time-machinein” the for Kontakt 2?

I am familiar with the VSL samples, which are fantastic, but from what I understand they need to be converted and can loose some of their nuances. I don’t use Kontakt yet, but I will soon – Just trying to research before I make the purchase. On their website they say that their samples are tailored to use the advantages of the Kontakt 2 sampler.

What I want to know is what the best available orchestral sounds library that is also “made” for Kontakt 2. I Basically want something that I can plug right in and not have to make any conversions or tweaks – if possible. If all of the high-quality Libraries require tweaking and conversion, then which is the easiest to set up?

All opinions are appreciated – as I said I’m not a Kontack user yet, so any info is helpful to me

Thank You

Re: Orchestral Sounds library 4 Kontakt 2

Quote Originally Posted by uberman
    Can anyone tell me what is the best quality Orchestral Sounds library that: “Uses the new features of KONTAKT 2, like scripting, convolution, surround, its new filters as well as beat-, tone- and time-machinein” the for Kontakt 2?

I am familiar with the VSL samples, which are fantastic, but from what I understand they need to be converted and can loose some of their nuances.
    What VSL library are you thinking about? The Pro edition isn't available for K2, but I believe most Horizon series products including Opus1+2 are. I guess it depends on how big library you need. Also, it doesn't seem like VSL uses K2 scripting too a very high extent - there's VSL scripting support for legato and repetition (which integration into K2 seems very useful though).

I hope some other users can give you more orchestral library suggestions.

Best,
    Nils L

Elsewhere on this forum Kirk Hunter announced that he's developing a version of his Emerald orchestra for K2.
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

VSL Light (7 gb) comes with Kontakt 2

KHSO Emerald (Kirk Hunter) is massive, affordable, complete, sounds fantastic, is not compressed and uses advanced features specific to kontakt 2 - I'd advise it. For the money, the value and sound quality can't be matched.

Mike

Another huge fan of KHSO Emerald. I'm writing a review of this product and I couldn't be happier. I don't own any of the $1000+ libraries, but I'm quite sure that Emerald has quenched my lust for those libraries for a long time to come.

Ditto KHSO Emerald.
    --
    Robert Gregory Browne
    KISS HER GOODBYE (now available)
    KILLER YEAR: Stories to Die For (Jan. 2008)
    WHISPER IN THE DARK (2008)
    St. Martin's Press
    http://www.robertgregorybrowne.com

Its not a library but Gary Garritan has just brought out a new violin called the Stradivari . This is the most sophisticated vitrual instrument on the planet bar none. Its very exceptional check out the samples on the web.
    There is an inherent difficulty with most orchestral packages - no real vibrato control or legato phrasing. Its not just a question of getting the biggest library or the best recordings - read up on the Strad
    Core i7 920, Win 7 RC 64, Cubase 5 64, Omnisphere, Trilogy, RMX, EWQLSO Plat EW Choirs, GPO, Stradivari, Gofrilla, Absynth 4, Halion 3, Kontakt3, BFD2, VSL Strings, JBridge running all 32 bit apps well.

Go Back to forum