• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Topic: First JABB collaboration?

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    Senior Member Styxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    West Seneca, NY
    Posts
    11,075

    Question First JABB collaboration?

    I remember a year ago or maybe longer, some of you got together and started an orchestral piece with GPO. A collaboration of several members adding to a piece until finished. Ya know what I'm talking about, right? Remember? I think DPDAN had the final steps in mastering it I believe.
    Anywhoeverwantstocanjoin, lets do a collaboration either with a well known big band composition or something entirely new. Yes? No? Maybe Not? Oh, come on ... whatcha thankin?
    Styxx

  2. #2
    Senior Member Styxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    West Seneca, NY
    Posts
    11,075

    Re: First JABB collaboration?

    Hey, good idea!
    Styxx

  3. #3
    Senior Member Styxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    West Seneca, NY
    Posts
    11,075

    Thumbs up Re: First JABB collaboration?

    Some but not the greatest comparable to the rest here. We need more people input!
    Styxx

  4. #4

    Re: First JABB collaboration?

    Styxx, I think you need to set some parameters for the collaboration......

    If you want to use an existing arrangement or song then you need to get some permissions - I have actually had the OK from Tom Kubis to use one of his charts for a Garritan forum project, you could use this if you want (although it is not a vocal).

    I have not done a collaboration project before and don't really know the ins and outs of how it is approached - sharing Sonar or Midi files? I'm up for trombone, bass or piano parts though (however there are others with better piano chops than me! )
    Richard N.

    Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

    Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

    Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

  5. #5

    Re: First JABB collaboration?

    Hey Styxx,

    That was a project me and few other forum members did with GPO for a forum member that had passed away.

    It was a great experience, but you will need to set-up guidelines. We set a time limit on how long ewach person had to add their sounds and all the work had to be done with the included software so everyone was working with the same tools. This ensured everythign ran smooth.

    Best of luck if you get a small team together.
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

    20 Things

  6. #6

    Re: First JABB collaboration?

    Hi Alan,

    Don't see too many posts from you around here lately. Missed ya lad. Hope you are well and that your finding some time to tickle those guitar strings.

    Karl

  7. #7
    Senior Member Styxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    West Seneca, NY
    Posts
    11,075

    Re: First JABB collaboration?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lastufka
    Hey Styxx,

    That was a project me and few other forum members did with GPO for a forum member that had passed away.

    It was a great experience, but you will need to set-up guidelines. We set a time limit on how long ewach person had to add their sounds and all the work had to be done with the included software so everyone was working with the same tools. This ensured everythign ran smooth.

    Best of luck if you get a small team together.
    OK, let me get this crooked. We would all need to use the same DAW, a time line on each persons contribution, and chocolate milk? What the heck is that for!
    Lets talk Alan ...
    Styxx

  8. #8

    Re: First JABB collaboration?

    Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    OK, let me get this crooked. We would all need to use the same DAW, a time line on each persons contribution, and chocolate milk? What the heck is that for!
    Lets talk Alan ...
    Same software, not neccessarily the same DAW (which I always thought referred to hardware?)

    I would say a week for each operson should be enough - we also had a set duration for their contribution (it had to be 30-45 seconds only)

    And chocolate milk is there for its yummy goodness and ability to build strong bones, which is essentially for when you drummers bang out snare rolls with your foreheads!

    I would suggest you just ask people who are interested to email you and take the first 5 emails you get plus yourself. That worked for us.
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

    20 Things

  9. #9

    Re: First JABB collaboration?

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl Garrett
    Hi Alan,

    Don't see too many posts from you around here lately. Missed ya lad. Hope you are well and that your finding some time to tickle those guitar strings.

    Karl
    Thanks Karl, yeah I've been reading everyday, but really busy with some new projects so haven't really been posting. And I do get the chance to blow the dust off my Fender every now and then.
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

    20 Things

  10. #10
    Senior Member Styxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    West Seneca, NY
    Posts
    11,075

    Re: First JABB collaboration?

    Suggestions well noted. By the way ... what the heck ya looking at?
    Styxx

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •