• Register
  • Help

Topic: New system for Kontakt 2

Share/Bookmark

New system for Kontakt 2

I run Logic on Mac with EXS24 and Kontakt 2, but have pretty much maxed out what that system can handle sample-wise. But since I do most of my audio work on PC (SAWStudio) and need a new system, I thought I'd try to give it double-duty as another sample source as well. But I'm clueless as to what Kontakt can do on a PC.

Will Kontakt see any real benefits from a dual-core system? How much can it load into RAM---and will it have difficulty sharing memory space with other apps under XP? My main concern is for being able to load and use the maximum number of instruments, so I will of course be using DFD. I'm not concerned with simultaneously running convolution reverbs as I have a good selection of outboard reverbs, and I'll always dump the tracks into SAW before mixing anyway.

I'm leaning toward one of Sweetwater's Creation Stations, but I'm open to other suggestions. Carillon closed its U.S. offices, so I've ruled them out. I've also looked at Vision DAW and ADK. Any help appreciated!

Re: New system for Kontakt 2

Really?!?! Not one opinion on Kontakt 2 RAM usage, dual cores or anything else?

Go Back to forum