• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Hello all...I am new...and confused

Share/Bookmark

Hello all...I am new...and confused

Hello...one of the many things that I have not figured out yet is how do I share one of my works...at the bottom of the page it says what I can and cannot do; i.e. post a new thread...hence this new thread. If anyone can let me know how to share a mp3, that would be great.

I won't take up any more of your time...

Thank you,

Paul

Re: Hello all...I am new...and confused

Welcome to the forum!

You'll need to find a place to host your mp3. Many users like myself have our own webhosting and domains (you can get them really cheap these days) where we host our music. Otherwise there are public places like soundclick.com where you can create a music account and upload your work there. Then you just post a link in your post.

There are places like geocities, freewebs and hosts like that but they are no good for posting music because they have limited space and do not allow remote linking. (You have to copy&paste the URL every time you want to listen...plus the bandwidth is very low usually, so not too many people will get to listen).

-Chris

Also, you may not be able to post links until you have made at least 5 posts I think. This limitation helps prevent spammers from posting links, though it sometimes causes confusion among new members. After you have your mp3 somewhere on the web, you simply start a new thread in the Listening Room with a link to your file or site.

Hope this helps!

And of course ... welcome to the forum!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Welcome, Paul!

Make a few more posts, and I think that posting lock should go away.

Also:

Somewhere recently someone was kind enough to post a list of free hosting sites, mp3 sites etc., that I'm sure you could use.

FORUM :: ANYONE RECALL WHERE THAT LIST IS?

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    -

Thank you!! You have helped sssooo much. One amazing thing...I posted this earlier tonight...and three answers to my question. I am amazed!

Once again, thank you!

Paul

*** BUMP ***

Somewhere recently someone was kind enough to post a list of free hosting sites, mp3 sites etc., that I'm sure you could use.

Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    ..... Somewhere recently someone was kind enough to post a list of free hosting sites, mp3 sites etc., that I'm sure you could use.

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    -
    Welcome to our community Paul.

Gary posted a free mp3 hosting site here: http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...t=free+hosting

Not sure how members got on with it though.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_uk
    Welcome to our community Paul.

Gary posted a free mp3 hosting site here: http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...t=free+hosting

Not sure how members got on with it though.
    Oh, yes!
    This is a good site, but it takes a few hours from time of upload to getting a link. And sometimes you never get a link and you have to try again, however, they mentioned they would fix that bug soon, so I don't know if it's fixed yet.

Welcmoe to the forum, Paul!

-Chris

Welcome Paul to the forum. I see you have been well taken care of. Nice, looking forward to hearing your compositions!
    Styxx

Paul, if your're stuck for a place to host your demos please PM me.

Go Back to forum