• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: How does one assign

Share/Bookmark

Angry How does one assign

cc values to the control knobs and sliders? Why am I not finding it in the manuals? Dahhhhhhhhhh! Sheeesh! If I had half a brain I'd be dangerous!
    Styxx

Re: How does one assign

Styxx - what midi controller are you using?
    Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

Edirol PCR-50.
    Styxx

Have a look at page 132 of the manual:

http://www.roland.com/products/en/_s...00000272&dsp=1#

It looks very similar to how my keyboard works - fairly simple
    Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

Hm, my manual is to page 125! Hm, I know an Edirol rep. Eh, regardless I downloaded the information from the site.
    Many thanks.
    Styxx

Unhappy Re: How does one assign

I thank you very much for the link. However, The JABB manual states cc18 controls "the level of flutter tongue or growl effect. The default setting is "off." I followed the PCR-50's manual page 132 "Control Change Assign" but can only increment up to cc16. Even with any cc value I am still not hearing an effect. I noticed there should be software with the PCR-50. Would you know if this is specifically for USB or is it needed for midi control as well? The manual doesn't specify. This controller was given to me used. Needless to say I am very frustrated. Ha! What else is new?

Sincerely,
    Stuxx
    Styxx

Ok, I think I have it. I managed to edit and use cc18 but I am not sure if this is a growl or distortion happening. Since I am not very versed as to how this all works I am wondering if I am "controlling" something all together wrong. Man, bare with me. I mean, you should be me trying to cope with me.
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    Ok, I think I have it. I managed to edit and use cc18 but I am not sure if this is a growl or distortion happening.
    I've only played with this control a little - and agree that the effect is more a distortion than what you might have been expecting.
    Richard N.

Richard, the effect is better suited with brass than saxophones. I managed to edit a couple more controls in but forgot to save the settings. Go figure, right?
    Some just wouldn't take and it became too late and frustrating.
    Thanks loads for the link and your excellent help!
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    Ok, I think I have it. I managed to edit and use cc18 but I am not sure if this is a growl or distortion happening. Since I am not very versed as to how this all works I am wondering if I am "controlling" something all together wrong. Man, bare with me. I mean, you should be me trying to cope with me.
    Thanks for pointing cc18 out. I've been using Appendix A: Quick MIDI Controller Reference Guide on page 50 of the manual and cc18 was not included. I also noticed that when I modify a controller value using an external device, the knob on the Kontakt Player moves but the numerical value does not change.
    Maybe these two things can be fixed with JABBUpdate_2.
    Serge

Go Back to forum