• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: "Eine Kleine Tagmuzik" - LGA

Share/Bookmark

"Eine Kleine Tagmuzik" - LGA

Muzik Lovers,

With apologies to Herr Mozart for the title, here is my "Eine Kleine Tagmuzik". (A little day music)

All of the woodwinds and horns are GPO.

LGA

http://www.mydocsonline.com/pub/larr...neTagmuzik.mp3
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Re: "Eine Kleine Tagmuzik" - LGA

Like the choral opening on this, Larry.

You know, you're getting pretty reliable. Just about every day I can look forward to waking up to some Alexander when I role outta the sack and hit the forum for a look around.

Best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    -

Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    Like the choral opening on this, Larry.

You know, you're getting pretty reliable. Just about every day I can look forward to waking up to some Alexander when I role outta the sack and hit the forum for a look around.

Best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    -
    I can always rely on you for comments and encouragement, Dave, and I appreciate that.

Fewer and fewer people are bothering to listen to anything that I post and that's pretty discouraging. Am I getting worse and worse?

LGA
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander
    Fewer and fewer people are bothering to listen to anything that I post and that's pretty discouraging. Am I getting worse and worse?
    LGA
    No need to be discouraged at all Larry - and how you doing old timer? You're getting better and better!

I always listen to your music - don't always have time to comment though. You have a very unique talent. I don't always like the sound especially, but I can cut through all of that and just listen to the music. And it's a lot of fun too.

Best regards.

You generally turn out fine material, Larry -- but there are a few things that work against you.

First, you write at a positively frightening rate... lol... that means quite frequent postings on your part.

Now, Larry, I live and work on the PC in concern with my business -- plus I work from home; so I'm almost always "on the box" and have the luxury of popping over here frequently (my version of a coffee break) and listening to practically every single piece.

Others don't have the benefits of my situation -- they have limited time to spend listening; and hence, probably tend more toward just getting a quick sampling of what's going on, here.

Further, from watching hits versus posts, I know that far more people listen than comment -- probably for the same reason (time).

Second, the majority of your material is in an older, long-established idiom -- essentially Baroque to Classical era. Sheer competence and skill unquestioned -- nonetheless, I have the sense that the majority of forum members are more attuned to more "modern" and adventuresome idioms.

Neither of these matters have anything whatever to do with the quality of the work, though...

My own attitude, by the way, is to put the music out there -- and let history figure out the rest; so just keep that pen in motion, and not to worry.

All my best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    -

Indeed, don't be discouraged! I am getting less and less time to dedicate to listening to demos these days, and I have so much to catch up on. But your music is always great! This one is no exception, of course. I love the catchy melodies in this one, and great counterpoint as always! Wonderful rhythm as well. For some reason this piece makes me think of a bunch of happy ghosts dancing around in a haunted mansion Keep the music coming!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Larry, I'm always a big fan of this style of writing You're extremely skilled at what you do, and it's always a pleasure to hear a new tune. That said, this is some really great work. Probably one of the best I've heard of yours yet~

Thanks, y'all, for your kind comments. I had just been wondering lately if all of the effort is worth it.

I am capable of writing in a "modern" style but it gives me no pleasure and satisfaction to do so. I am a melody and form and theme and development kind of dude.

Regards to all,

Ol' Lar'
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Mr Alexander,

This is a very interesting piece. I agree with SeanHannifin, I get the feeling of ghosts in a haunted mansion on this one too! Sounds great!

-Chris

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisHurn
    Mr Alexander,
    -Chris
    Who's Mr Alexander?? OHHH! - you mean old timer!

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast