• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: New in the forum-plus BFD new demos.

Share/Bookmark

New in the forum-plus BFD new demos.

Hi everybody!

I´ve posted a piece at synful thread, but i´m really new here.
    Then, let me introduce myself. I´m a producer/musician from Brasil who wants to work in the Film/games business like a composer. I´ve been learning a lot with all of you guys, thanks for keeping this forum at high level!
    By the way, please forgive my poor english i´ve been trying to study for only one year...

I would like to share with you two demos that i´ve recently composed to fxpansion. These ones will be at fxpansion´s site very soon. It was made for BFD first pack and the second one, XFL. Right now i´m working on the new BFD Deluxe demos.

1) On Fire ( BFD first pack )

Metal music.
    Drums: BFD
    All the other instruments were played by my self.

http://mp3download.myspace.com/index...e&fid=49770532

2) Lightness ( XFL pack )

It´s a bit of "world music" with my acoustic guitar personal taste...It was done to be the opposite of "On Fire". The piece starts with brush kits wich are played after with normal sticks.

Drums, Mallet tons, claps from XFL.
    Violin,Viola and cello at begin from Synful.
    All the other instruments/percussions were played by myself.

http://mp3download.myspace.com/index...s&fid=49770532

I don´t have nothing to do with fxpansion company, i´m only a costumer who went asked to do these demos. So, it´s not an advertisement.

I´m glad to enjoy this forum!
    Thanks!

Best to all,

Jacques.

Re: New in the forum-plus BFD new demos.

Any answer would be very appreciated!

Best!

wow.simply-outstanding. Obviously, you have an advanced harmonic knowledge(Brazil, Baby!) and your drum programming is outstanding as well. Just great stuff. Very inspiring. I look forward to hearing more. woah.
    P.S oh yeah- I would have pulled the brushes back a bit in "Lightness". Just a tiny bit and a little less focus on the fills as the drums are certainly highlighted further on.. I have a feeling you are a drummer as well as a guitarist. But all this is personal taste. I wouldn't listen to me. Full speed ahead!

Hi Jacques,
    I think both demos demonstrate very good the sound of the drum libraries.
    The drum parts in the first one are a little bit to 'heavy' for my personal
    (music-) taste, but I felt in love with your guitar playing

In the first part of the second one I'd make the snares a little bit more dry
    and the brushes a little bit more wet.
    It sounds as if the snares are playing way behind the brushes, and that
    sounds unnatural to my ears.

Thanks for posting your music!

Tom

Thumbs up Re: New in the forum-plus BFD new demos.

Hi Jacques,

I like them, overall the second one because metal is not my favorite genre

I liked so much the little solo in the middle of Lightness, very realistic, and the production of the two songs.

I would like to ask you how do you make the drum parts, I mean, you use BFD with an electric drumkit, you play in real time in a MIDI keyboard or write it down all the stuff with a notation software and humanize some notes?

Thank you in advance.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by artsoundz
    wow.simply-outstanding. Obviously, you have an advanced harmonic knowledge(Brazil, Baby!) and your drum programming is outstanding as well. Just great stuff. Very inspiring. I look forward to hearing more. woah.
    P.S oh yeah- I would have pulled the brushes back a bit in "Lightness". Just a tiny bit and a little less focus on the fills as the drums are certainly highlighted further on.. I have a feeling you are a drummer as well as a guitarist. But all this is personal taste. I wouldn't listen to me. Full speed ahead!
    Hey!

Really thanks for your kind words! Actualy those are the first mix experiencies. I need to do some little adjustments! I will check it out.
    Answering you, i'm not a drummer...I only "envy" my drummers friends... But i like to play some percussion instruments...It's fun!

Sorry, the links time out for me. I'll try again later.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Crowning
    Hi Jacques,
    I think both demos demonstrate very good the sound of the drum libraries.
    The drum parts in the first one are a little bit to 'heavy' for my personal
    (music-) taste, but I felt in love with your guitar playing

In the first part of the second one I'd make the snares a little bit more dry
    and the brushes a little bit more wet.
    It sounds as if the snares are playing way behind the brushes, and that
    sounds unnatural to my ears.

Thanks for posting your music!

Tom
    Thanks for listening Tom!
    I always apreciatte very much the coments! When you work a lot of time on certain pieces, you looser a bit the sense of what's going on...So it's cool listen from other producers, composers, musicians their impressions and personal tastes about some mix/compositions... Very nice your compositions at Myspace!
    Best!

Quote Originally Posted by FredProgGH
    Sorry, the links time out for me. I'll try again later.
    Hi Fred,

you can try go at : http://www.myspace.com/jacquesmathias3 and listen/download there.
    I'm almost finishing my own website. Until there i'm using myspace to host some pieces when i need.

Best!

Quote Originally Posted by Sr_Velasco
    Hi Jacques,

I like them, overall the second one because metal is not my favorite genre

I liked so much the little solo in the middle of Lightness, very realistic, and the production of the two songs.

I would like to ask you how do you make the drum parts, I mean, you use BFD with an electric drumkit, you play in real time in a MIDI keyboard or write it down all the stuff with a notation software and humanize some notes?

Thank you in advance.

Cheers
    Hi Sr Velasco,

Thanks for listening!
    When i'm composing something where i really need cool drum parts to sound "real" the method depends of the style i'm working on...But generally, like i'm a guitar player and not very good with keyboards, i prefer writing at sequencer and quantizing/humanizing the passages. In some situations i can play with the keyboard, but just in simple passages. After i have programed i keep listening and editing until i have the initial idea done. Working with velocities to make the quick snares passages sound good...Putting some "Ghost" notes in the snare. Being carefull with Kick 16th notes to not sounds like a machine. The big problem is the Hi Hat. But with those new sample libraries, you have a lot of layers velocities, so after many hours you can make a hi hat 16th passage sounds cool...

Thanks again!
    Best!

Go Back to forum