• Register
  • Help

Topic: NEW FORTEPIANO

Share/Bookmark

NEW FORTEPIANO

We have just added a new Fortepiano library to our on-line store.
    PIANO E FORTE
    This is a brand new recording of a new built fortepiano by Dutch clavichord builder W.A. Ruys who set up a partnership with the distinguished clavichord maker Koen Vermeij. The instrument has a key span from F1-F6. All 60 notes were chromatically sampled at 3 velocities. We recorded the sustain and moderator settings also for extra expressiveness. For this recording the instrument was tuned in Equal Temperament tuning, although A=430 in the original instrument. We adjusted the tuning on the patch level (not the wave file level) to allow the user to use the original pitch and timbre.

You can listen to a set of mp3 recordings here: Dry recording and With Reverb

The library is available in GigaStudio 2 (16 bit uncompressed, compatible with all sampler formats) and GigaStudio 3 (24 bit) or Kontakt. All formats come on one DVD disk.
    Owners of Muse Receptor running Kompakt can get special patches that make this library the ultimate historic piano fuel for a high-tech box. Contact us by email for details.

The price of the library is $ 50. Shipping will start right after the NAMM show.

And while you are reading don't miss our NAMM SPECIAL prices in the PMI on-line store. We currently have several discounted products, the discount can be over 50%. The promotion is running from January 17 to January 31!
    For example: all pianos are $ 100 or less.
    Piano Magic or Consolidated is just $200
    Hybrid Pianos costs $150.

Go get them now!
    www.postpiano.com
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

Re: NEW FORTEPIANO

Very lovely! This will nicely compliment your earlier fortepiano library.

We must be on the same wavelength. I was just going to send you an email. I saw mention of it on the PMI website yesterday and was not able to find demos or additional information.

Thank you for this and the clavichord. Your attention to all facets of the keyboard world is keenly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Michiel Post
    All 60 notes were chromatically sampled at 3 velocities.
    Lovely piano, but 60 notes?

Oh, I get it. I listened to the demo after posting. You literally mean Fortepiano.

Right!
    Here are a few more quick MP3 clips:
    The Moderator patch. The moderator is a knee- operated handle and adds a great modification to the overall sound.

Here is a little cilp in Silbermann tuning and one in mean tuning.

Hope to create some better demos when I return from NAMM.
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

Michiel,

Is this instrument modeled on any historical instrument or is it purely a new design?

It´s modelled on a Walther Fortepiano but the sound is fresh and brand new!
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

Excellent. I own your original Fortepiano, but this one has a different character to it.

Michiel, since you are the leader in sampling historic keyboard instruments, would you consider a Thomas Machell and Sons Dulcitone? Please, please, please. I know that they're still around.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dulcitone

Thanks,
    Justin

Go Back to forum