• Register
  • Help

Topic: Compared to Giga2.54, Giga 3.1 takes a long time to load!

Share/Bookmark

Compared to Giga2.54, Giga 3.1 takes a long time to load!

I recently upgraded a Pentium IV 2ghz machine with 1GB ram running Giga2.54 (on Win98) to a Pentium IV 3ghz machine with 2GB ram and Giga3 (on WinXP).

Giga3 takes about 3 to 4 times as long to come up on the screen than did Giga 2.54!

I have WinXP configured for digital audio. This seems to bear out my opinion that no matter how fast the computers get, the software continues to make more and more demands on the hardware.

Has anyone else noticed that Giga3 loads much more slowly than 2?

Jerry

Re: Compared to Giga2.54, Giga 3.1 takes a long time to load!

My Machine's not as good, and Giga 3 Loads in about 15-20 secs for me.

Maybe you need to disable the VST scanning that happens at startup:

1) Your Tascam Configuration Manager is somewhere in your start menu. Open it.
    2) Go to the Rewire/Plugins Tab, and clear the VST search paths field.

I think that'll do it.

Belbin

Re: Compared to Giga2.54, Giga 3.1 takes a long time to load!

Jerry,

If you haven't tried this, I (and a number of others) found that Giga3 was incredibly slow to load *when it had any of the drives (libraries) open in the QuickSound loader window*. And, corespondingly, when all of the drives were closed (had a + sign beside them), GS3 loads in seconds! Once you've loaded GS3, try closing all of your drives in the QuickSound window - some of them may tak quite a while to close - then close Giga3. Then reopen, and see if you get a better result.
    hope this helps.

bill myers, composer
    Mac G5 DP 2.3, Os 10.4.11, 4 Gig RAM running DigiPerf 5.13, PTools LE 7.4, Sibelius 5, Finale 2008,
    P4 1.7 Gig, XP SP2, 2 Gig RAM,running GigaStudio 3.2,
    3 x 20" LCDs, 2 x MOTU MTP AVs, Digi 002r
    Kurz K2000r, Roland XV-3080, Emu Pro II, Kurz PC2r, Alesis DM-Pro, Kurz Midiboard

Go Back to forum