• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: The TCM Young Film Composers Competition

Share/Bookmark

The TCM Young Film Composers Competition

I know, I know ... age descrimination (18-35 years old ) ... but ...

For anyone who is interested and hasn't heard yet, the details for the 7th annual Turner Classic Movies Young Film Composers Competition are up at http://www.turnerclassicmovies-yfcc.com/

I've already submitted my entry

If I win, aside from a certain place freezing over, I'll tell them about the idea for an Old Film Composers Competition.
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Re: The TCM Young Film Composers Competition

I'm definately going to try to make a worthy entry this year... *crosses fingers*

Oh, and by the way

Contest open to all legal residents of the 50 United States & D.C., Canada (excluding Quebec), and the United Kingdom, with internet access, age 18-35 (as of March 31, 2006), except past grand prize winners of this Contest (within the last five (5) years) or individuals under exclusive contract with a publisher.

Oh my! It's that time of year again already?!?

If I win, aside from a certain place freezing over, I'll tell them about the idea for an Old Film Composers Competition.
    How about, "New Film / Old Composer Competition? I entered, age 35 ...
    Styxx

Alright. I'm in again... This will be fun. Wait... What's that? 35?? D'oh!!!
    www.EricHermanMusic.com
    - Cool Tunes for Kids -

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt Katze
    Contest open to all legal residents of the 50 United States & D.C., Canada (excluding Quebec), and the United Kingdom, with internet access, age 18-35 (as of March 31, 2006), except past grand prize winners of this Contest (within the last five (5) years) or individuals under exclusive contract with a publisher.
    Ah, thanks, I guess they changed the location qualifications... or I just remembered them incorrectly... or a mixture of both...
    Sean Patrick Hannifin

The finalists were announced and.... I lost again!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin

me too

Je suis, aussi. Well, not again - it was my first time.

C'mon guys, group hug - we're ok!!

Do you think you'd want to know where you came in of the 600 plus, if it was a list they produced?

I'd be very satisfied to be in the top 100. But if I came in 487, I'd be pretty disturbed.

Well... it's not like we LOST... we just didn't WIN. (delusional thinking?)

I know some of your names - I was in fine company. Congrats to the winners! Are they on this site? ... cuz if they are...

Crying in his beer, licking his wounds,

Adrian

Quote Originally Posted by aelliscomposer
    Do you think you'd want to know where you came in of the 600 plus, if it was a list they produced?

I'd be very satisfied to be in the top 100. But if I came in 487, I'd be pretty disturbed.
    Eh... I doubt they sort out all the entries. They probably have a "definitely loser" pile, a "hmmm, maybe" pile, and a "wow, this is awesome" pile. If there are more than 10 in the "wow, this is awesome" pile, then the other piles can be tossed. Even so, if my entry didn't get into the "wow, this is awesome pile" (which it obviously didn't) then I don't care where it ended up. The competition is a great opportunity to have, but it's ultimately based on what other people think, and I care most about what I think (though that doesn't always pay the bills ).

Quote Originally Posted by aelliscomposer
    Well... it's not like we LOST... we just didn't WIN. (delusional thinking?)
    Well, yes, technically if we didn't win, we lost. I guess if you want to make yourself feel better you could say "oh, well I learned a lot, so I kind of won." Yeah, ok, good for you. But we still lost.

Anyway, no reason to be dissappointed unless you were actually expecting to win. ("Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed." )

Wow, look at all them 's... Congrats to all the finalists!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin

Go Back to forum