• Register
  • Help

Topic: I need a wee bit of help

Share/Bookmark

I need a wee bit of help

I have a Traxdata CD burner which has been doing a great job for me but it will only work with 74 minute audio CD's. I generaly use re-writable discs and I'm now down to my last disc.

Despite spending weeks contacting various companies in the UK I cannot source this type of disc, only the now standard 80 minute.

I suspect that loads of the old format discs are still lying around in warehouses, shops, discount bins etc. If anyone anywhere can source this type of disc I will be eternally grateful.

Re: I need a wee bit of help

Quote Originally Posted by tmonaghan
    I have a Traxdata CD burner which has been doing a great job for me but it will only work with 74 minute audio CD's. I generaly use re-writable discs and I'm now down to my last disc.

Despite spending weeks contacting various companies in the UK I cannot source this type of disc, only the now standard 80 minute.

I suspect that loads of the old format discs are still lying around in warehouses, shops, discount bins etc. If anyone anywhere can source this type of disc I will be eternally grateful.
    Why don't use 80 min disks?
    Most burning software have a "don't overburn" setting or can limit a disk up
    to a given number of minutes.
    Tom

This is a standalone burner used for mastering. It's not connected to a computer and fails on 80 min discs. I don't want to replace it for the sake of finding 74 min discs but if I have to it goes in the bin. One last attempt to keep it alive...

Tony, I sometimes buy blank media from SVP.They have these for sale.....
    Tuffdisc (32x) 74 minute Overprint CDRW
    here is a link.
    http://www.svp.co.uk/products-solo.php?pid=104
    Hope it helps.
    regards

Joaz, thanks for the link. These are data discs and I need audio discs. Essentially the discs are the same but audio CD-Rs/CD-RWs have a specific byte of data written right at the beginning in one of the sub channels, the Traxdata unit I have will only write to these discs.

Tony, interesting post. I have a Tascam RW5000 standalone recorder that also works best with 74's. I will commence an extensive search for both of us. Seems to me an online warehouse had them and quite cheep. I believe a salesman from Sweetwater turned me on to them a while back.
    The games a foot!
    Styxx

http://www.google.com/url?sa=l&ai=BF...%3D%26OID%3D-1
    Try here. Maxel's 74's for .28. If this link doesn't work the site is www.totalmedia.com.

Hope this helps
    Styxx

Good work Styxx! They only list CD-R's but these would do at a push. I've emailed them to see if they can source CD-RW's. Many thanks for the link.

No problem glad I could be of some (serious) assistance for once. Believe it or not, check Sears for 74 min CDRW's, really ... through their warehouse on line.
    Styxx

Go Back to forum