• Register
  • Help

Topic: Clarinet Concerto #1

Share/Bookmark

Clarinet Concerto #1 - Allegro

This is the first movement of my clarinet Concerto #1 in Bb major op.31, edited enough to make me bang my head on my desk, so enjoy ... safely.

Who wants to write a cadenza for it LOL

Clarinet Concerto

Might as well put a piano Sonata here too

P.S. #3 In F# Minor
    Ke Yang (OMG I'm using mah name)
    Insert Useless Advertisement Here

My Work List With GPO

Note: You might have noticed there's nothing there, yet. Massive editing going on.

Re: Clarinet Concerto #1

Wow... nine minutes. I really need to work on the ability to write more than 5 to 7 minutes at a time. Well, this piece sounds very heavily inspired by Mozart to me. Even the orchestration feels of that era. The only thing I wasn't sold on was the pizz strings in the middle. I don't know why, I just thought it was awkward. But then the marcato strings pick up again around 5:30 and I was content! Boy the stuff at 8:15 is gonna need a lot of breath control on the part of the soloist!

I liked it for what it was. I assume you were going for a very traditional feel, and that's exactly how I read it. Very authentic. In particular, I really enjoyed the clarinet trills. Great job... and I'll watching out for the other movements.
    C. Foster Payne
    Amateur Composer/Orchestrator
    http://FosterPayne.com/default.aspx

yep , I like pizzicato strings alot ... couldn't resist putting them in there ... must ... thank you so much.

My Work List With GPO

Note: You might have noticed there's nothing there, yet. Massive editing going on.

You certainly are a prolific writer! This is a very quaint sounding piece. I loved the classical style too. Great work .
    Kind Regards

Louis Dekker
    My Music Site

Pour être grand, il faut avoir été petit.

Tovan, some fine, idomatic clarinet work in this -- and if some parts (toward the end) are a bit demanding in terms of windage, I think a good concert player can handle it. [If in doubt, find a couple of spots to drop in some short rests for a catch-breath. You might find, in fact, that actually spices up some of the longer passages, rhythmically.]

And I rather liked the pizzicato work, though perhaps I would have voiced/mixed it back a little more delicately in places... pizzicato has a way of cutting through; so, often, "less is more" with it.

Good job!

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    -

I very much enjoyed your clarinet concerto! The pizzicato worked well, I think, I loved it. I too love some nice pizz strings It definitely sounds classical in nature, though I'm not sure I would say Mozartian exactly. Great work! You certainly are prolofic! I look forward to the other movements of this concerto. I actually got a clarinet for Christmas which I'm now trying to teach myself to play, so I've been on the lookout for nice clarinet music to listen to Great job!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Heheheh... see? Everyone else loves the pizzicato and your work is not Mozartian. What do I know? (This is probably part of why my professors hated me.. me and my BIG MOUTH)
    C. Foster Payne
    Amateur Composer/Orchestrator
    http://FosterPayne.com/default.aspx

LOL Fossman, thank you all. Hey if it was mozartian i would be plagerizing and that's not good. I better run before LGA comes for me about my spelling and grammar

My Work List With GPO

Excellent writing! The clarinet part toward the end was especially enjoyable.
    Never look at the trombones. It only encourages them. Richard Strauss

My Website
    Beethoven's Eroica
    Antonio Salieri
    The History of Studebaker

Go Back to forum