• Register
  • Help

Topic: A Couple EWQLSO Gold Newbie Questions

Share/Bookmark

A Couple EWQLSO Gold Newbie Questions

(SoundsOnline doesn't seem to let me post, I guess cause I just registered? so I'm trying here, sorry if it's out of place...)

1.) I can't get the idea with keyswitching. Mod wheel gets the DXF just fine, but for keyswitch patches I just can't get a different sound to happen. I've used keyswitching in Giga, where I hit D0 and I start getting pizzacato and E0 gives me trills or whatever. Is this how it works in EWQLSO?

2.) I keep reading about how with K2 the standalone mode is far less taxing on the CPU than VSTi mode (which BTW is backwards, isn't it? wasn't the reason for a VSTi architecture supposed to lessen the overhead? but I digress..). So I'm wondring is this true of the player also (i.e. Gold)? If so, I'm wondering about on a PC - it doesn't look like the standalone supports ReWire. So are you out of luck on a PC even if it is an issue?

Thanks!

Andy

Banned

Re: A Couple EWQLSO Gold Newbie Questions

The EW forum (like this one, if I recall correctly) sends you an email when you register. Only after going to the link in the email are you verified and able to post. If you never received that email, send your details to spodell _at_ east west sounds _dot_ com.

1. That is how keyswitching works. If it's not happening for you, I recommend writing to techsupport _at_ east west sounds _dot_ com.

2. I'm not sure if this is what you're describing, but... With K2 in VSTi mode, you get only one group of 16 midi channels. With K2 in standalone mode, you get 4 groups of 16 midi channels. That limitation is because of the VSTi spec. So one standalone K2 will support 64 instruments while a VSTi will support 16. There is no such difference in the Kompakt Instrument which comes with Gold.

So if that's the issue, than it doesn't apply. But if there are other issues, as well, I'm not aware of them.

- Stefan

Thanks Stefan -

Thanks for the info.

I never did get the email confirmation from EastWest. I emailed support and Jennifer from EW responded, waiting for her to reset the account or whatever. I'll post a support issue there when I get access.

FYI - My question was about this standalone vs. VST CPU difference, which I've read several people mention on this forum. Also was wondering about routing the output of the K2 Player (from Gold); running in standalone mode I need to route the outputs back into Cubase like I do with Gigastudio 3 (using ReWire), was wondering/hoping that the K2 player also had ReWire capability to do this.

Thanks.

buzz

Banned

Ah, okay. There will be others who can answer that better than I, since I use K2 as a plugin, and I've never used Rewire.

Best,
    Stefan

Go Back to forum