• Register
  • Help

Topic: accessing 2 gigs of ram in giga

Share/Bookmark

accessing 2 gigs of ram in giga

I was told what setting to change to access more of my systems ram by the guys at tascam when I first installed giga 3 on my system. I was getting errors if I exceeded like 45% memory and the trick fixed is so I was able to use more memory (about 62%). I just did a clean wind xp install and reinstalled giga, went and loaded a big session and got the load error and remembered I need to do the tweak, anyone know what I'm talking about here? cant remember what to do

thanks
    My Gear:
    Sonica P3 w/ 2 gigs ramm, 300+gigs 7200rpm raid, giga 160, RME Hammerfall HDSP 96, VSL Orch. Cube, NI complete 2 AU, dual 800 G4, os 10.2.8, dp 4.12au, motu M5 1.08, waves platinum 4.3x, uad 3.5.1 Spectrasonics Stylus & Atmosphere (AU versions) 1.25 gigs ram, miromotion dc30+ vid capture crd, motu pci 424 G5 card, midi exprss xt

Re: accessing 2 gigs of ram in giga

I suggest that you go to the VSL site and read the sticky; there is a huge amount of information as well as an optimisation tool that you can download.

D

Quote Originally Posted by acoustech
    I was told what setting to change to access more of my systems ram by the guys at tascam when I first installed giga 3 on my system. I was getting errors if I exceeded like 45% memory and the trick fixed is so I was able to use more memory (about 62%). I just did a clean wind xp install and reinstalled giga, went and loaded a big session and got the load error and remembered I need to do the tweak, anyone know what I'm talking about here? cant remember what to do

thanks
    Are you running the latest update? Have you tried the built-in Memory Management tool?

- G

Quote Originally Posted by Gamera
    Are you running the latest update? Have you tried the built-in Memory Management tool?

- G
    I'm running 3.12, somewhere around the 1st or 2nd update after the intial 3.0 release, I called Tascam with my problem and they gave me the specific steps to adjust something in giga to fix the ram/memory limitation problem, it worked great, now that I've reinstalled I need to do it again. It's the weekend and they aren't around. I appreciate the vls tips, I'll check it out.
    I'm not sure I know what the memory managment tool is, maybe that's what I used the 1st time around, could you elaborate on that for me?

thanks for the help so far guys.
    My Gear:
    Sonica P3 w/ 2 gigs ramm, 300+gigs 7200rpm raid, giga 160, RME Hammerfall HDSP 96, VSL Orch. Cube, NI complete 2 AU, dual 800 G4, os 10.2.8, dp 4.12au, motu M5 1.08, waves platinum 4.3x, uad 3.5.1 Spectrasonics Stylus & Atmosphere (AU versions) 1.25 gigs ram, miromotion dc30+ vid capture crd, motu pci 424 G5 card, midi exprss xt

Go Back to forum