• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO Studio v 2.0 feedback and suggestions

Share/Bookmark

GPO Studio v 2.0 feedback and suggestions

I'm using what I think is the latest GPO Studio "beta" (GarritanStudio0003.zip) which I saw around here on the forum, if I recall.

It seems to be more stable than the previous or 1.2.

However, I have some usability suggestions. When you "open" a file, it loads. There is no way to tell what file you have opened. There should be something in the display or title bar that tells you the file name you last loaded.

When you want to save changes with the "Save" button, it pops up a panel that says generically "File exists. Overwrite?" But that doesn't tell you the file name! Egads, you have to remember what you last opened, and whether you really want to overwrite something. Furthermore, when you hit "save" the panel's title is "Save as..." I think that's also a bug.

If you try to quit, the program asks, "Save changes to Foo?" (assuming you opened "Foo.studio"). So, the application does remember the filename. Presumably, it could display the name in the UI and/or ask you "File Foo.studio exists. Overwrite?" when you save or quit.

Re: GPO Studio v 2.0 feedback and suggestions

Wow, I posted this 2 weeks ago and haven't seen any replies. Is there somewhere else that I should report bugs and/or suggestions for improvement?

Quote Originally Posted by RickMcGowan
    Wow, I posted this 2 weeks ago and haven't seen any replies. Is there somewhere else that I should report bugs and/or suggestions for improvement?
    The file title thing is fixed dand will be included in the new update (soon).
    Mind you we just got back from NAMM, so those weeks were quite hectic.

Cheers
    David Viens, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc.
    Montreal. http://www.plogue.com

Thanks! I'll look forward to the next update.

Go Back to forum