• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO lite bundled in Finale 2006?

Share/Bookmark

GPO lite bundled in Finale 2006?

Hi, I am planning to buy Finale 2006 but I'd like to know if it comes with GPO lite or if I should ask for a special version or upgrade from full GPO before buying it.

Do you guys know something?

Thks in advance,

Iván

Re: GPO lite bundled in Finale 2006?

Hello Ivan

I am a Finale 2006 user and I can confirm that finale 2006 does come with a 'lite' version of GPO.

If you own or are thinking of upgrading to GPO full this integrates perfectly also with Finale. If you do buy Finale 2006, be sure to download the latest update (finale 2006c). This is important as this update has some features that are not in the original 2006 version. You will also need to download the latest Kontakt Player. This can be found here http://www.garritan.com/downloads.html

One last thing is that when using Finale 2006 with GPO, there is a separate folder of the GPO sounds called 'Notation'. You must use this folder. If you use the the 'Document Setup Wizard' for new scores this uses the correct settings automatically. You can also, of course, set up existing scores to work with GPO.

There are many posts in the forum to help with Finale 2006 and GPO. There is also an excellent tutorial on HP with Finale in the Finale folder.

Good luck.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Thks a lot, Michael, I already have GPO, but I wanted to know if, like in Sibelius you had to choose a special version of the software or if it was bundled within

Best,

Iván

Ivan,

If you already have full GPO, you can use this directly in Finale 2006 - just make sure you have the latest (free) updates for both programs.

Cheers,
    Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

I don't have any finale version, that's why I'm buying it But it's good to know that I can use full GPO... shall I use GPO studio then? What about the notation patches in finale? If I understand correctly, the only work with GPO Lite, doesn't it?

Thks again

Ivan,

With the updates, full GPO will work as a VST directly from within F2k6, the GPO update includes a notation folder - the only reason anyone might consider using studio would be if you want to mix GPO and general midi/soundfont for playback.
    Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

excellent Thks a lot, Richard,

Best,

Iván

Go Back to forum