• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Registering Gigastudio Orchestra 3.0

Share/Bookmark

Registering Gigastudio Orchestra 3.0

Hi,

I just bought and installed Giga 3 on my WinXP machine. It says in the manual that the CD code came "with the packaging" but I cannot find it. Does anyone know what's going on with this?

Thanks!!

Jerry Gerber
    www.jerrygerber.com

Re: Registering Gigastudio Orchestra 3.0

Hi Jerry,

If it was an upgrade, you need to contact Tascam to get the CD-key. If you bought it outright, then it's in the packaging somewhere. Don't ask me where though... Mine was an upgrade!

-JF

Thanks Jon,

Yes, it was an upgrade. I'll call Tascam tomorrow.

Best,

Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst
    Hi Jerry,

If it was an upgrade, you need to contact Tascam to get the CD-key. If you bought it outright, then it's in the packaging somewhere. Don't ask me where though... Mine was an upgrade!

-JF

Don't they email you the key?

Tascam registration; now there's a laugh....! I have 3 copies of GS3 and about 4 months ago I decided to give the latest update a try. I was unable to get into the download page as my copies were allegedly unregistered. Considering that I have 4 or 5 emails from Tascam about this matter (the numbers on the original CD case were incorrectly printed) they sure know that I've been through all this before. However they still insist that my product is not registered.
    I might bother to go through all this again, but then again I might just not bother upgrading, as it is likely that all but one of these GS machines will be converted to VSL machines over the next few months.

D

Quote Originally Posted by Daryl
    I was unable to get into the download page as my copies were allegedly unregistered.
    D
    You know you don't have to be registered to get to the updaters...?
    http://www.tascamgiga.com/support/updates.html

- G

Quote Originally Posted by Gamera
    You know you don't have to be registered to get to the updaters...?
    http://www.tascamgiga.com/support/updates.html

- G
    Strange; I was unable to get to this page previously. Thanks for that.

D

Quote Originally Posted by Daryl
    Tascam registration; now there's a laugh....! I have 3 copies of GS3 and about 4 months ago I decided to give the latest update a try. I was unable to get into the download page as my copies were allegedly unregistered. Considering that I have 4 or 5 emails from Tascam about this matter (the numbers on the original CD case were incorrectly printed) they sure know that I've been through all this before. However they still insist that my product is not registered.
    I might bother to go through all this again, but then again I might just not bother upgrading, as it is likely that all but one of these GS machines will be converted to VSL machines over the next few months.

D
    Daryl, I thought I was the only one. My DVD comes with a CD code printed on the front that starts with "731C". That prefix isn't an option in the registration codes. They have "731S", "731U" and others, but for me, no joy.

I tried contacting TaSCAM for a MONTH (long distance from Tokyo, and through the email), but they never deigned to reply.

I was so pissed I posted this review on my blog (and in a few pro audio forums):

http://aliberaldose.blogspot.com/200...cam-again.html

But if yours was a misprint, that means they eventually gave you a working CD code?

Sure would be nice if they'd be arsed to get in touch with me.

Hi,Eric!
    I think you should have contacted to TASCAM in US.

Technical Support or Registration
    (323) 727 -7617 phone
    (323) 727 - 7632 fax
    Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm
    U.S. Pacific Standard Time
    http://www.tascamgiga.com/contact_us.php#email

Why TASCAM in Tokyo have not replied to you?
    mmm... I suppose language problem bother them.
    If I have English email, I first of all doubt it is virus or spam mail.
    And laugh at me, 'cause I can't understand your expression "be arsed to".

Now I will send email in Japanese with your problem to TASCAM in Tokyo.

Quote Originally Posted by MikieNes
    Daryl, I thought I was the only one. My DVD comes with a CD code printed on the front that starts with "731C". That prefix isn't an option in the registration codes. They have "731S", "731U" and others, but for me, no joy.

I tried contacting TaSCAM for a MONTH (long distance from Tokyo, and through the email), but they never deigned to reply.

I was so pissed I posted this review on my blog (and in a few pro audio forums):

http://aliberaldose.blogspot.com/200...cam-again.html

But if yours was a misprint, that means they eventually gave you a working CD code?

Sure would be nice if they'd be arsed to get in touch with me.
    It took many emails and they wouldn't tell me what I was doing wrong when I typed in the reg number, but eventually, when I guessed right, they admitted that there was a problem with the labels so that some of the letters were partially missed off and therefore looked like others (Q looking like O, for example).

D

Go Back to forum