• Register
  • Help

Topic: Spectrasonics compato in PT 7.1

Share/Bookmark

Spectrasonics compato in PT 7.1

Are Trilogy, Atmosphere, and RMX 1.5 OK to use in dual processor mode on TDM HD3Accell, OSX 10.4.3, PT 7.1cs2? Or do you recommend single processor mode?

One user on the DUC reports problems with Trilogy on dual processor mode.

If OK, great... if not when will updates be ready to optimize Spectrasonics plugs with PT 7 dual processor RTAS?

Also, the plugs require an input be manually set (Unfotunately, this uses 2 precious inputs of 192 I/O)

Will this be fixed in future updates. This was a concern noted in a 7.0 read me document... that SOME VI's require manual inputs to be set. Spectrasonics plugs are one of those that require manual setting of inputs.

Thanks.

Ray Lyon
    www.balsampillow.com

Re: Spectrasonics compato in PT 7.1

I can speak for RMX:

I believe the "require inputs" issue was fixed in the final production version of PT7, but if you find you must attach input to an RMX track, let Digidesign know.

RMX works fine in dual processor mode.

- Glenn

Thanks Glenn... RMX works fine...
    Trilogy and Atmosphere: have they been updated for dual processor use?

They should work fine and we have not heard of any problems....but those are not optimized for Dual processors. Not a big deal though, because they take up so little CPU.

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum
    They should work fine and we have not heard of any problems....but those are not optimized for Dual processors. Not a big deal though, because they take up so little CPU.
    Good, but will the requirement to physically assign an input on an instrument track be addressed? Assigning a physical input (I think) uses up voice count and drains CPU and system resources. Or is Digi responsible for fixing this?

BTW Eric, I have never had the opportunity to thank you for your fine products... they have taken my music to a whole new level.

Ray Lyon
    www.balsampillow.com

Quote Originally Posted by balsampillow
    Good, but will the requirement to physically assign an input on an instrument track be addressed? Assigning a physical input (I think) uses up voice count and drains CPU and system resources. Or is Digi responsible for fixing this?
    Yes.

BTW Eric, I have never had the opportunity to thank you for your fine products... they have taken my music to a whole new level.

www.balsampillow.com
    Awesome! :-)

Go Back to forum