• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Hm.. Stormdrum used in Troy?

Share/Bookmark

Hm.. Stormdrum used in Troy?

Just a hunch. Something about the percussion in the scene where Hector fights Achilles.. it reminds me of Stormdrum for some reason. Can anyone confirm/refute this?
    Sam Hulick
    Composer
    http://www.samhulick.com/

Re: Hm.. Stormdrum used in Troy?

Hi Sam, I could swear there's been a thread about this before.
    ---------------------------
    - SCA - Sound Studios -
    www.sca-soundstudios.com
    ---------------------------

yes it is...and...Stormdrum (around the same time) was used a lot in Silvestri's Van Helsing score as well. East West had a press release or announcement at the time stating these trivia facts I believe.
    Regards,
    Brian W. Ralston

Check out my new FREE iPhone App! Click Here!

That's interesting to note. I'll have to revisit the Van Helsing soundtrack. Though I have to say I have yet to hear Troy. I've stayed away from it, though I do like Horner's work. I may have to pick that up.

Interesting in terms of hearing what people have done and perhaps what to avoid... not to be cliche.

Funny side note to this post... I live in Chicago, am currently talking to someone in Sydney, and going to L.A. next week. ;-)))

Quote Originally Posted by Seq
    Though I have to say I have yet to hear Troy. I've stayed away from it, though I do like Horner's work. I may have to pick that up.
    I wouldn't waste your money; there's not much Horner in it :>(

D

I believe Harry Gregson Williams also used it in "Kingdom Of Heaven"

Thanks, Daryl. Don't waste my money noted.

Actually, that's kind of cool, knowing that perhaps my gut feeling was on target in that case. I wasn't too inclined to see the movie either, though I have heard that there were some interesting bits.

Quote Originally Posted by Daryl
    I wouldn't waste your money; there's not much Horner in it :>(

D

Side note related to Horner.. I really enjoyed his music for A Beautiful Mind. My favorite tracks are "A Kaleidoscope of Mathematics" and "Playing a Game of Go". Really great, high quality music, even outside the context of the film.
    Sam Hulick
    Composer
    http://www.samhulick.com/

Quote Originally Posted by MDesigner
    Side note related to Horner.. I really enjoyed his music for A Beautiful Mind. My favorite tracks are "A Kaleidoscope of Mathematics" and "Playing a Game of Go". Really great, high quality music, even outside the context of the film.
    indeed - one of my all time favorite scores

Quote Originally Posted by MDesigner
    If you listen carefully to "A Kaleidoscope Of Mathematics", you'll notice that it's a faster rendering of the "Bicentennial Man" opening theme ( which was also composed by james horner)

James Horner is a great composer but he uses too much his own musical motifs. These motifs were great when Horner used them for the first time, but now it's getting boring

Go Back to forum