• Register
  • Help

Topic: New thread, old queston re: GOS

Share/Bookmark

New thread, old queston re: GOS

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    We are offering a Forum Sale for the Garritan Orchestral Strings library.....Although written for GigaStudio 160, some use this library in EXS24, Halion, Kontakt and other versions of Giga (but you may not get full functionality).
    I posted in the other thread up there^, asking if this could in fact be used in Kontakt2 - I didn't read Gary's full post the first time around. oops!

What functionality would one loose - any ideas? And what would one need to convert the library - is a conversion even necessary?

Thanks much in advance.

Re: New thread, old queston re: GOS

Here's Gary's reply in this thread

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=40913

As far as I know, the MaestroTools will need to operate separately as a stand-alone program. This will not pose a problem if using GOS in Kontakt as a stand-alone. You would import it into Kontakt as you would any other Giga library. If you are using Kontakt as a plugin (VST/DX/AudioUnits?RTAS) then it's difficult to insert the performace tools that MaestroTools does into the chain. There are workarounds and perhaps a Kontakt script can be written at some point.

Gary Garritan

Fred

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

I think that the programming would be simple enough to emulate in Kontakt 2 or GigaStudio 3. In fact, you could get a lot of mileage out of GOS on those platforms.

I have always thought that a really comprehensive Giga 3 (or Kontakt 2) retake of GOS would be fantastic. I'd love to see it. An end user could do this himself, of course, but it would be much better to have the original 24-bit recordings to work with. I suspect a re-take of the noise reduction with more modern NR tools would vastly open up the sound.

Hmmm - ok, thanks for the repiles. As far as what Gary said, well, I am in fact using Kontakt as a Cubase plug-in. What exactly are "the performace tools that MaestroTools does into the chain."? That I guess is the big question.

Thanks again.

Riff, check out the ~12 minute GOS demo on the Garritan site. It explains many of the features used in MaestroTools.
    Zircon Studios - Original music for media, electronica, sound design, and synthesis.

Ok, will do - thanks!

Go Back to forum