• Register
  • Help

Topic: GS3 won't load

Share/Bookmark

GS3 won't load

I just installed G3 and had it working great until upon last few times trying to start I get message that GS wasn't shut down do you want to run in diagnostic mode...now what...do I need to do a reinstall and should I be downloading the updates?

Re: GS3 won't load

Of course you should be downloading the updates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hem.

But when you get that diagnostic mode notice: click yes=configuration manager pops up and closing it returns you to the Desktop, not to GS.
    click no=???

What happens when you click NO?

Often at this point GS3 runs, but with a seemingly increased likelyhood of mishaps....in my experience....How bout you?

Belbin

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Just say no. If it loads, you're fine.

Quote Originally Posted by crickstone
    I just installed G3 and had it working great until upon last few times trying to start I get message that GS wasn't shut down do you want to run in diagnostic mode...now what...do I need to do a reinstall and should I be downloading the updates?
    What version are you running?

- G

It doesn't start after clicking no...and it is the straight 3.0. I'm just getting around to playing with it now...so I should download all the updates and reinstall and then update? Sorry about the stupid questions I'm new to all this - I am a dumb orchestral player...!

You should definitely do an upgrade. 3.04 is the best early version, and 3.12 i think the most recent and stable version. The upgrade (usually ..) is quick and painless.

gugliel speaks the truth, but doesn't say outright that you don't need to do "all the updates".

Just the most recent one you want. Can't see why that wouldn't be 3.12.

Belbin

The 3.12 patch seems to have done the trick...thanks one and all. I'm sure I'll be back...!

Go Back to forum