• Register
  • Help

Topic: Finale w/GPO (I need a trap set)

Share/Bookmark

Finale w/GPO (I need a trap set)

Okay, I realize the full version of GPO does not come with trap set sounds. This is the one instrument I am missing, however. I use Finale 2006 which (if I understand it correctly) can play vst instruments (but not dxi). So, I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get a vst trap set on-line?
    C. Foster Payne
    Amateur Composer/Orchestrator
    http://FosterPayne.com/default.aspx

Re: Finale w/GPO (I need a trap set)

I don't think Finale can load VST instruments other than GPO Kontakt Player that comes with Finale 2006; at least I haven't heard of it, and there's no setup option for it.

But you can play on GPO and the SmartMusic SoftSynths at the same time! You might try setting up your GPO orchestra as usual, as if sending the output to GPO Studio. In the MIDI Setup use "advanced" button and send the output of the orchestra to GPO Studio 1, 2, etc, instead of playing through "Native Instruments VST". Then add staves for your percussion, and send the output to SmartSynth (for example, on channel 42, on the 3rd MIDI device. (Channel 42 is the 10th channel of the 3rd MIDI device.)

I just tried this and it worked for me.

on the Finale website, the follwing is a list of VST/AU players supported by Finale:

http://www.finalemusic.com/finale/fe...struments.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by FossMan
    Okay, I realize the full version of GPO does not come with trap set sounds. This is the one instrument I am missing, however. I use Finale 2006 which (if I understand it correctly) can play vst instruments (but not dxi). So, I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get a vst trap set on-line?
    If you can afford it, buy JABB, too. They both work flawlessly (and together) with Finale 2006b.

Keith Walls

Go Back to forum