• Register
  • Help

Topic: Organ Reverie

Share/Bookmark

Organ Reverie

This is an adaptation of one of my orchestral works, "Song of The Cosmos". I think it works better as an organ work, and so here it is, considerably modified in it's new setting, with a new name, "Organ Reverie". This is a gentle, restful meditative piece, quite in contrast to my usual form. But, I shall return, in full vigor, possibly within a few hours with a piano piece described by my friend as "Prokofiev in Africa".

For now:

Organ Reverie
    http://www.sibeliusmusic.com/cgi-bin...?scoreid=80531

The link will lead to three choices.

At the top, you will see a blue button to play the mp3.(GPO Organ)

Just below that, you will see the score, if you have the Scorch plugin. Otherwise, a blank where the score ought to be. Here you can view the score and listen to the Scorch playback (GM), not a good sound, usually.

Below this, under the heading of details, you will see a choice to download the mp3 file, which is the best choice if you want to hear, and don't have broadband. .

Richard

Re: Organ Reverie

Wow... this is gorgeous, Richard!

Bravo!

I have no idea what you might have in mind for the orchestral version, but as an organ work, this is a top-flight flying success.

You know I'm quite fond of your work -- but of all I've heard from you this has got to be the most truly beautiful.

MORE!

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    -

Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    Wow... this is gorgeous, Richard!

Bravo!

I have no idea what you might have in mind for the orchestral version, but as an organ work, this is a top-flight flying success.

You know I'm quite fond of your work -- but of all I've heard from you this has got to be the most truly beautiful.

MORE!

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    -
    Well, thanks, David. I admit to being well pleased with this one. The orchestral version was strings & double reeds. The big difficulty was in reducing eight or so parts to something two hands could handle, not as easy as I had thought. Fortuitously, I discovered that some of the lower treble worked better for being raised an octave for playability. Also, the orignal did not have the key changes.

Richard

Hi Richard

I fully agree with David, this is too beautiful! I loved the serene and tranquil sound of this piece.
    Kind Regards

Louis Dekker
    My Music Site

Pour être grand, il faut avoir été petit.

Thumbs up Re: Organ Reverie

This is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!

I love your use of the different stops! Is this all GPO organ?

This style of music, I find, is particularly difficult to write for organ, with very limited dynamic abilities for phrasing. You did a fantastic job, really!!

-Chris

Splendid Richard!

Hauntingly beautiful! Would work wonders in a Kubric film.
    Getting lost (in music) is a profound experience...this does it for me.
    Thanks for posting this!

"So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Quote Originally Posted by cptexas
    This is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!

I love your use of the different stops! Is this all GPO organ?

This style of music, I find, is particularly difficult to write for organ, with very limited dynamic abilities for phrasing. You did a fantastic job, really!!

-Chris
    GPO organ only.

Actually, the limited dynamic ability of an organ is probably one of the things that make writing for organ easier for me than strings. Most of my music does not have wide dynamic sweeps. The change of texture on an organ does this most satisfactorily for me.

Richard

Go Back to forum