• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Will converted VSL performance patches as K2 format still need Performance Tool?

Share/Bookmark

Will converted VSL performance patches as K2 format still need Performance Tool?

Am I right in assuming that if you convert performance patches from VSL to K2 format, you no longer need the Performance Tool to get the articulations to work properly and could just play them in K2 and get the same results?

Re: Will converted VSL performance patches as K2 format still need Performance Tool?

Yes. They work the same as the K2 VSL programs. The native legato is a very nice feature that I'm sure other developers will quickly emulate. However the nicest feature is the free upgrade.

Re: Will converted VSL performance patches as K2 format still need Performance Tool?

Thank you!

Good-bye Giga. I've fallen in love with someone else. She's prettier, smarter, cooler, low-maintenance, great in the sack, and she could do all the things you could, but better and more reliable.

Hello K2! I dumped that Giga bitch. Let's get married!

The First edition and Pro edition giga libs do not work with the K2 legato scripts when imported into kontakt. The mapping is different. Only the horizon products can use the kontakt legato tools.

I would love to have the pro edition in kontakt format!!!! But it aint ever going to happen without a ton of elbow grease.

Quote Originally Posted by ed hamilton
    The First edition and Pro edition giga libs do not work with the K2 legato scripts when imported into kontakt. The mapping is different. Only the horizon products can use the kontakt legato tools.

I would love to have the pro edition in kontakt format!!!! But it aint ever going to happen without a ton of elbow grease.
    I just tried converting Opus 1 into Kontakt format, and the permance legato patches came out really weird. I'd see two sets of different timbres mapped across the key ranges--with the extra set mapped so far up that you can't even access the higher notes, and strangely enough I got that in Gigastudio 2.5 as well. And some keys would have other sounds mixed in (a different note altogether).

This is why I prefer libraries that comes with its own player. Sure it's nice to be able to access the raw files and program your own stuff, but I've got no patience for that stuff--I just want to make music, not construct the damn tools!

Sorry about the miscommunication. Yes, Ed is correct. I thought you were asking about patches that VSL had converted over such as the Horizon Series. 1st Edition and Pro Edition have not been converted. All of the Horizon Series work in Kontakt as described.

Since you already own Opus 1 in GIGA I think you just need to pay a crossgrade fee to get the Kontakt version but contact VSL for details (you might also need the EXS sample data but I'm not sure). They have a Kontakt version of all the Horizon libs including Opus 1+2. Once you download the Kontakt patches from VSL it all works quite flawlessly.

Lunatique Thank you!
    Good-bye Giga. I've fallen in love with someone else. She's prettier, smarter, cooler, low-maintenance, great in the sack, and she could do all the things you could, but better and more reliable.

Hello K2! I dumped that Giga bitch. Let's get married!

He! he! he! that's funny.

regarding Opus 1, i think you have to use the EXS format, but why would you need sidegrade licence if the legato is already in Kontack??? not shure, but i would love to know? But does Kontact has the repetitions in it??

Quote Originally Posted by geronimo001
    regarding Opus 1, i think you have to use the EXS format, but why would you need sidegrade licence if the legato is already in Kontack??? not shure, but i would love to know? But does Kontact has the repetitions in it??
    You get two version when you buy Horizon (GIGA and EXS) and you can download the Kontakt patches (to use with EXS samples). However, once you register one platform, I think you need to contact VSL if you wish to switch. I'm sure they have a reasonable policy. Surely less than $11,500.

Yes there are Legato Repetitions if that's what you're asking about. Not sure how to use these yet but it seems there are keyswitches that control the repetitions. I just got this and am still trying to figure it all out.

There might be some differences between platforms (I'm not sure) so maybe someone with more knowledge can chime in?

VSL did a ton of remapping to work native in Kontakt.
    It's well worth the crossgrade price and I think the the opus bundle in kontakt format is the best option out there for many reasons.

If VSL had any sort of crossgrade option from Pro edtion to opus I'd do it in a heartbeat just to have it in kontakt format.

Instead I am spending my time trying to get my printer to make perfect $100 bills so I can get the Cube VI.
    Need LOTS of $100 bills for that!

Well, don't forget to let me know if you succed. American money is all green? what's up whit that.

Seriusly, how is Kontack, is it working good on your system

Go Back to forum