• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: How to Open more than 16 Channels With Ewql Products

Share/Bookmark

How to Open more than 16 Channels With Ewql Products

hi,
    i use Ewql gold but when i reach 16 channels i don't know how to open more......i tried to load the .nki files with kontakt but it gives me an error....somebody can help me? tnx

Re: How to Open more than 16 Channels With Ewql Products

Maybe another instance of the Kompakt Player...!

What kind of sequencer you are using?

Quote Originally Posted by mixolydian
    Maybe another instance of the Kompakt Player...!
    What kind of sequencer you are using?

i use sonar 5...it is normal that kontakt2 doesn t let me open the .nki fileS?

Quote Originally Posted by aLfR3dd
    When you try to open the nki files with Kontakt2,
    does the error message say something like
    "library not registered" ?
    Did you register all your libraries (QLSO Gold)
    before you installed Kontakt2 ?
    Or did you install your libraries after you registered
    Kontakt 2 and updated to 2.02 ?

Also if you want more then 16 channels,
    you could just open another instance.
    Your using it as a plugin, right ?
    Because if your using it as a standalone,
    you can only open 1 instance.

You're having the Kontakt2 update? Read something about an .nki opening error when missing the update.

Quote Originally Posted by Veron
    Because if your using it as a standalone,
    you can only open 1 instance.
    There's something about a trick to open two or more instances of K2 in standalone mode:
    http://northernsounds.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39815

Quote Originally Posted by aLfR3dd
    As other people have stated, there may be a number of things going here.

a) If you can open one instance of Kontakt 2 inside Sonar 5 with no problems, and you are just trying to figure out how to get access to more midi channels, simply open another instance of K2 from the synth menu and load that next instance with more sounds.

b) If you are getting errors when attempting to open up ewql based .nki content (The error is something like "Content not registered. Please register"), then this may be a Kontakt 2.0.2 error, as some people have reported this problem.

c) If you mean you cannot access the raw samples associated with the EWQL .nki files, this is correct. In Kontakt 2 you have the ability to load .nki files, modify them and save new .nki files, but you are not able to actually modify the .wav files in any way.

If you can respond to which issue you are dealing with, I think people may be able to help you better.

-Eric

Quote Originally Posted by mixolydian
    There's something about a trick to open two or more instance of K2 in standalone mode:
    http://northernsounds.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39815
    Wow, I didn`t know about this.
    This is interesting.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastCrusader
    c) If you mean you cannot access the raw samples associated with the EWQL .nki files, this is correct. In Kontakt 2 you have the ability to load .nki files, modify them and save new .nki files, but you are not able to actually modify the .wav files in any way.

-Eric
    Note that if you edit it in Kontakt 2, you will not be able to load those edited .nki's in the EW Kompakt player.

The reason one would want to use the KomPakt player is because K2 still has some bugs (release trails ...) And a fix will not be out before a couple of months. (NI web-forum)

And NI is not rushing to make the Players compatible with K2's engine (NI web-forum)

Chaim,

Excellent points, and probably why they're going to move to their own player.

yes..the error is "the content is not registered" so i think i have to delete everything before using k2..i ll try...thanks to all

Go Back to forum