• Register
  • Help

Topic: CES Report - Day 3

Share/Bookmark

CES Report - Day 3

Day 3 at technocopia.

This morning I took some time to see some more of the show. NVidia was showing their Quad SLI - 4 processors. This will have some implications for real time multiple convolution. The Dell booth was showing their upcoming XPS Renegade which includes the Quad SLA.

I saw a prototype of Seagate's upcoming wireless disc drive. Look ma - no wires on my hard drive. Hard disc sample streaming from remote drives- what an interesting possibility.

Speaking of storage, what really was promising were the new storage chips that Atom Chips were displaying. With storage capacity of up to a terabyte, these storage chips have no moving parts and generate no heat. Could these replace hard drives in the future? This could shrink computers even further.

Emagin's Eyebud was cool and I tried one out. At first I felt like was donning a Borg ocular devise. When the image appeared as big as day, I knew I must have one of these devices.

While walking the show I met Keith O. Johnson. We had a brief but interesting discussion about various concert halls and convolution and other topics. What a brilliant man.

Some people who read the forum also came by. I am always surprised by how many people come here. What also surprised me was how many people at CES either had GPO or were familiar with it.

Bill Hensler, VP of Engineering of Adobe Systems came by and we discussed the latest in music technology. Composer Michael Rees also stopped by the booth and Peter Giles, PR for Yamaha also came by. Some more press people got demonstrations and seemed impressed with how far music technology has come.

I’m at the airport now and will leave the booth in Jeff’s capable hands for tomorrow. It's now time to get ready for the International Association of Jazz Educators Conference in New York.

I’ll post some pictures soon.

Gary Garritan

Re: CES Report - Day 3

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Day 3 at technocopia.

This morning I took some time to see some more of the show. NVidia was showing their Quad SLI - 4 processors. This will have some implications for real time multiple convolution. The Dell booth was showing their upcoming XPS Renegade which includes the Quad SLA.
    Gary Garritan
    Say whaaaa???

SLI is NVidias system for interconnected *video* cards.

SLA was the Simbionese Liberation Army.

Convoluted indeed!

Michael

One possible danger of wearing the Eyebud in public is that some whacked out trekkie might assume that you've been assimilated by the Borg and feel it their duty to put you out of your misery.

Thumbs up Re: CES Report - Day 3

Hahahahahahahahah I love it!!!! Love it! Love it!
    Styxx

Day 3 at technocopia.

This morning I took some time to see some more of the show. NVidia was showing their Quad SLI - 4 processors. This will have some implications for real time multiple convolution.
    I'd like to hear more about this - I was just wondering about how the guys at BionicFX are faring in their research...
    Houston Haynes - Titan Line Music

Those Atom Chips are actually legit and functional?

Speaking of storage, what really was promising were the new storage chips that Atom Chips were displaying. With storage capacity of up to a terabyte, these storage chips have no moving parts and generate no heat. Could these replace hard drives in the future? This could shrink computers even further.
    So AtomChip is no hoax? This is the second time for them as exhibitor at CES, if you confirm that is no vaporware, yes, that sounds like amazing...

R.

While walking the show I met Keith O. Johnson. We had a brief but interesting discussion about various concert halls and convolution and other topics. What a brilliant man.
    Glad to hear you hooked up with "Prof" Johnson... he has engineered many Grammy-nominated classical recordings including several of my group. He never failed to wow us with bag of tricks.

Go Back to forum