• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO / Finale GPO

Share/Bookmark

Question GPO / Finale GPO

About a year ago I bought GPO which I tried to use with finale 2005. This didn't really happen and I just used the finale smartsynth sounds.

I have just upgraded to finale 2006. Although the finale GPO library is adequate, I would love to use the full GPO library...which I can't. There seems to be a compatibility problem. Kontakt player will not accept the GPO library which already resides on my hard drive. Even if I drag the files from the GPO folder to the Finale GPO folder the patches are deemed "incompatible" or "not supported".

How can I use the full GPO library "seamlessly" with finale as I hoped I could?

Any suggestions?

Ned

UK (professional composer / arranger / confused person)

Re: GPO / Finale GPO

Ned,

You should be able to use either Finale/GPO or the full GPO within Finale. Don't move any files around to different folders. That won't work at all.

Make sure you've downloaded the most recent version of GPO. It contains a separate folder of instruments called NOTATION. Use instruments from this folder with Finale.

Make sure you've downloaded the most current update to Finale 2006. This update (2006c) contains an extensive GPO/HP tutorial that should answer all of your questions.

If everything was installed correctly, you should see both Finale/GPO and the full GPO in Finale's setup wizard.

Jeff

Talking Re: GPO / Finale GPO

How I love people who know how to sort things. Many thanks, Jeff. It all works great now.

Ned

> the most current update to Finale 2006. This update (2006c)
    > contains an extensive GPO/HP tutorial that should answer all of
    > your questions.

Where is that? I updated to Finale 2006c and I don't see any new tutorial, etc. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by RickMcGowan
    > the most current update to Finale 2006. This update (2006c)
    > contains an extensive GPO/HP tutorial that should answer all of
    > your questions.

Where is that? I updated to Finale 2006c and I don't see any new tutorial, etc. Thanks!
    The Tutorial should be in your default Finale folder. In my case this is:

C:\Program Files\Finale 2006\User Manual

Look for the file 'GPOHP Tutorial Supplement.pdf'

Good luck
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Thanks very much. That tutorial just helped me fix a problem I was having with pitchbends (discussed in another thread). So I'm especially grateful...!

Go Back to forum