• Register
  • Help

Topic: card for 2.5 + XP?

Share/Bookmark

card for 2.5 + XP?

Does anyone know of a cheap card that will work with GS 2.5 and WinXP? How about that $130 M-audio card? It says GSIF2... dice? Or no dice?

Re: card for 2.5 + XP?

Lots of people use the Audiophile 2496 successfully. I went with the Audiophile 192, due to its balanced I/O. Recently I ran Sonar with an active video window, a bunch of GS3 channels and one instance of GigaPulse for a number of days straight, and everything was solid as a rock.

-JF

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst
    Lots of people use the Audiophile 2496 successfully. I went with the Audiophile 192, due to its balanced I/O. Recently I ran Sonar with an active video window, a bunch of GS3 channels and one instance of GigaPulse for a number of days straight, and everything was solid as a rock.
    -JF
    Cool... can anyone clarify succesful use of 2.5 as opposed to 3?

Uh let's see, GS160/r2.5 has less voices, midi ports and channels, mixing capabilities, efx support outside of the four supplied, no access to the gig3 devices like gigapulse and the cool new features available on the new 24 bit libraries. But its' still a great program! It will run on your P-III and your<2.8GHz P-4. Cheers, jc

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi
    Cool... can anyone clarify succesful use of 2.5 as opposed to 3?
    A good working version of 2.5 is always a keeper. It doesn't have as much as G3 but it's still a good app.

Jimi
    Does anyone know of a cheap card that will work with GS 2.5 and WinXP? How about that $130 M-audio card? It says GSIF2... dice? Or no dice?
    I would go for MIA midi(by ECHO),you get virtual output for processing that will free your cpu, the sound is exelent(professiona, only 130$, GSIF2, shoud work whit both giga2+3. You should deffenatly look into this, i know that's what i'm buying, whit absolutly no worry. Trust me.

Many, many people have used the 2496 successfully with GS2.5. I used to use the MIA with it. The main reason I prefer the MIA and Audiophile 192 to the 2496 is that they have balanced I/O. Aside from the single-ended I/O of the 2496, it's proven to be solid for many people on both GS3 and GS2.5.

-JF

Go Back to forum