• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: SCARBEE!

Share/Bookmark

SCARBEE!

I just bought the gold bundle..vintage keys and fx. The stuff is unbelievably good, as many already know. Until now, I was reasonably happy with the Logic plugs, though the wurli always disappointed. Doing a side by side comparison, the Scarbee instruments are in a different class.
    In addition, prior to purchasing I had questions for Thomas and he was a generous, class act. Thanks Thomas.

Re: SCARBEE!

Yup. KGB is just perfect.

I agree. Buy the XL drums. Man, I'm really happy with them, as well. With XL and RMX..I'm done.

scarbee eeeeeeeeee
    Last edited by geronimo001; 01-06-2006 at 12:29 AM. Reason: for fun

[QUOTE=rob morsberger]I just bought the gold bundle..vintage keys and fx. The stuff is unbelievably good, as many already know. Until now, I was reasonably happy with the Logic plugs, /QUOTE]

Does anyone know how to use this as a multi instrument in Logic? I can set it up so everything plays but I'm stuck with those little "midi" channel strips and I can't use any of the Vintage FX.
    Thanks, Jp

Jimmy, can you explain what you mean using the exact names of the objects you're talking about? What are MIDI channel strips?

All V.I.s go on Audio Instrument tracks. If you want to address separate channels in a multitimbral V.I., you need to cable a Multi Instrument to that Audio Instrument in the Environment and then address the Multi Instrument in the Arrange window. (That's something that really should have been fixed years ago, because it's much more complicated than it needs to be.)

If you mean you want to get at the individual outputs, then you need to use the multi version of the V.I. and set up aux tracks with their inputs set to outputs from the V.I.

I've never had a need to use more than two outputs of a Rhodes, and that road case contains all in-line fx, so I just insert it on the Rhodes Audio Instrument.

Thumbs up Re: SCARBEE!

I have SID - with SID XL on the way (late pressie from Santa Claus). I'm pretty stoked.

I read a quip from one of their endorsers that said SCARBEE's instruments actually "changed" the feel of their controller, it was gratifying to read that - because I mentioned the same thing when I first tried it and thought I might be crazy. I might *still* be crazy, but at least this is one thing to mark off the list...

Oh - and the Vintage Keyboard FX get used all the time on other stuff - guitars, bass, even drums on one occasion.

SCARBEE ROCKS!
    Houston Haynes - Titan Line Music

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Batzdorf
    Jimmy, can you explain what you mean using the exact names of the objects you're talking about? What are MIDI channel strips?

All V.I.s go on Audio Instrument tracks. If you want to address separate channels in a multitimbral V.I., you need to cable a Multi Instrument to that Audio Instrument in the Environment and then address the Multi Instrument in the Arrange window. (That's something that really should have been fixed years ago, because it's much more complicated than it needs to be.)

If you mean you want to get at the individual outputs, then you need to use the multi version of the V.I. and set up aux tracks with their inputs set to outputs from the V.I.

I've never had a need to use more than two outputs of a Rhodes, and that road case contains all in-line fx, so I just insert it on the Rhodes Audio Instrument.
    Hi NIck:
    In this particular song (Logic Pro 7.1) I want to use Rhodes, Clav and Wurli.
    So I set up an Audio Instrument in the environment and i also set up a multi instrument and cabled it to the audio inst channel strip. I then set up the tracks in the arrange window. Problem is when i select the track, instead of getting the usual Arrange channel strip, I get a Midi Channel Strip and there is no way to insert plug ins etc.
    There is also no way to independantly adjust volume or do any automation etc.
    At this point it seems my only option is to have 3 separate audio instruments.
    Thanks for your concern,
    JP

It certainly works. I just tried it.
    Make sure you open the Halion player as a mulitimbral plug. Then create a new multi instr in the environment and cable it to the Halion audio instr. A dialog wind asks you if you want to remove port settings. You do. Then click on the Halion audio instr (still in environment) and in the parameters window on left scroll midi channel to all.
    Back in the arrange window select the Halion player track. Then hit control shift return to create tracks for the channels 2-8.
    You should be good to go.
    Obviously scarbee fx will only work globally on the whole multi so you might be better off working with seperate instances anyway.

Rob's right.

Now you have to go to the Environment layer with the Audio Instrument on which you have the HALion player and insert the FX there.

Again, if you're using separate outputs, you need to create Aux inputs for them. Then you have independent faders for every output pair.

Go Back to forum