• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Post your AMD64 Specs.

Share/Bookmark

Post your AMD64 Specs.

I'm curious as to what is working. 754 or 939? PCIe or AGP? Soundcard?
    Windows XP 64?

Re: Post your AMD64 Specs.

Here it goes.

AMD64 3200+ 939
    PCIe ( nForce4)
    Layla 3G

Woks great, but will be updated next week to

AMD64 X2 4400+

old 3200+ goes to my second workstation
    best regards

Przemyslaw K.

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ Toledo 1GHz FSB Socket 939 Dual Core
    ASUS A8N-SLI Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard
    SAPPHIRE 100118L-RD Radeon X550 128MB DDR PCI Express x16 Video
    RME HDSP 9652
    Windows XP Pro SP2; 32-bit
    2gigs DDR400 (PC3200) ram (2x1gig)

Still working great!

I'd also like to know if you are using the Windows XP 64 bit edition. Will this be a problem with GS3?

WinXP 32bit
    best regards

Przemyslaw K.

go there they have great info about this stuff.

http://www.adkproaudio.com/choose.cfm

You should know that tascam report having great results whit the ATHLON 64x2, that's what they are using.

I just built an Intel extreme system and my experience with XP Pro 64 is that only beta drivers were available for the Intel and Asus boards for that o/s. I doubt that there are drivers written for your peripherals, soundcards and the like at this point in time. I could be wrong but definately check it out. Cheers, jc

Quote Originally Posted by geronimo001
    go there they have great info about this stuff.

http://www.adkproaudio.com/choose.cfm

You should know that tascam report having great results whit the ATHLON 64x2, that's what they are using.

Wow, thanks for the info.

I'm ging to experiment with this as I just got home from TIger Direct.

DFI Lan Party, nForce 3, 754 socket with AMD 3700. It's got an AGP slot plus firewire. I bought a Thermaltake case with 430 watt PS, 1 gig of Crucial Value RAM.

So the only thing I would have to install is the drives from the previous system and the MIA and 2496. I'm not sure if the MIA will work but I know the AP will.

Hey, thise guys are very generus to give us acess to this info,.. i tought you might like it . But i think you miss something, socket 939, not 754, although i suppose it should work, chek it out. Did you look at the giga sys.?

But the thing i want to know is, do you have mia midi or the old one(whit no midi)? becaus the new one is GSIF 2, but the old one dosen't seem to be supported by GIGA, and the 2496 is GSIF 1 only, so you're better off whit mia midi + you get those extra output for effect, that means less CPU usage at the end. If you have the old mia, PLEASE, let me know if it works, caus that's the one i have and you will save me a headheak.

Quote Originally Posted by geronimo001
    Hey, thise guys are very generus to give us acess to this info,.. i tought you might like it . But i think you miss something, socket 939, not 754, although i suppose it should work, chek it out. Did you look at the giga sys.?

But the thing i want to know is, do you have mia midi or the old one(whit no midi)? becaus the new one is GSIF 2, but the old one dosen't seem to be supported by GIGA, and the 2496 is GSIF 1 only, so you're better off whit mia midi + you get those extra output for effect, that means less CPU usage at the end. If you have the old mia, PLEASE, let me know if it works, caus that's the one i have and you will save me a headheak.
    The MIA has GSIF 2 drivers-6.11 beta. I've been using them with no problem.
    AP2496 also has GSIF 2 drivers. (5.10.00.0048a) In fact they have beta drivers for 64bit.

As much as the manufacturers are trying to force usb and firewire down our throats, these 2 cards seem to emerge.

Go Back to forum