• Register
  • Help

Topic: Slightly OT - VSL performance tool does not see MIDI ports

Share/Bookmark

Slightly OT - VSL performance tool does not see MIDI ports

Hi - this is somewhat off-topic, but since it's about a GIGA product only, I thought this would be ok to post here (no response on the VSL message board in 2 days)...

Anyone with VSL know how to fix this?

I just built a new machine and everything is awesome... new audio card, etc.... BUT VSL Performance Tool (version 2.1.1) will not see any GSIF2 midi ports.

GS3 3.12 sees both ports that the RME HDSP 9652 provide:

HDSP (1) Midi In 1 (GSIF - low latency)
    HDSP (1) Midi In 2 (GSIF - low latency)

My RME drivers are the latest available (2.94)

I have tried disabling the ports in GS3, but Performance Tool 2.1.1 does not see any incoming midi ports (GS3 sees the ports just fine).

Does this have something to do with GSIF2?

Besides this, everything works great (that's like the expression, "Aside from that Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play)

I have searched the forum here, and the VSL forum, and there's nothing recent on this issue.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jeremy

Re: Slightly OT - VSL performance tool does not see MIDI ports

Maybe a stupid question, but have you routed the PT to GS and then set GS ports to "none"?

D

Quote Originally Posted by Daryl
    Maybe a stupid question, but have you routed the PT to GS and then set GS ports to "none"?
    Performance tool does not see the midi ports.

Yes, I disabled the midi in ports in GS3 and they are not available to Performance Tool.

I think this has something to do with the GSIF2 drivers.

Problem solved... didn't ANYONE here know the answer ???

GS3 3.0 DVD first production run had a bad installer that over-wrote the RME drivers.

And the RME drivers over-wrote the GS3 midi drivers...

So the solution (thanks to George at Synthax) was to go to the registry, rename the RME driver "midi1", then re-install GS3 3.12, which wrote its gmidi driver to slot, "midi" --

You simply do not have these problems on OSX. Windows sucks. ;-)

PS -- why does RME have "low latency midi drivers" if they don't work? RME tech support does not know -- they think it is a GS3 created device...

<RANT>
    Hasn't anyone encountered this? I thought the RME HDSP 9652 was a popular interface? I'm disappointed in the community that more people did not know this obvious and in your face solution...

Whatever. Once in a blue moon I have to fight Windows, and then I don't touch the machine until it dies. Then I have to do this all over again. Macs simply do not have hoops to jump through like this.
    </RANT>

I think nearly everyone went beyond 3.0 version very quickly, so maybe that's why the regulars here haven't faced your problem. Glad you found the answer, and maybe someone else will find your solution.

Go Back to forum