• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: K2 Scripts for orchestral instruments: I could need an update

Share/Bookmark

K2 Scripts for orchestral instruments: I could need an update

Based on this thread http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=41116 by Thomas J I once again got very interested in K2´s scripting.

Could anyone of you knowledgeable people out there could give me an update what kind of scripts for the use with orchestral instruments are currently available (for example: legato scripts or glide scripts) and if they are useable. Or does anyone know if people are working on commercially available scripts for this purpose (i would be happily spending money on a good script)

I would like to enhance my current favourite library (which is KH Emerald orchestra and chamber strings) and I think scripting is the way to go (though I´m hopeless in programming) with orchestral libraries. If you listen to Thomas´ cello example you know what I mean.
    Thanks for any help provided
    regards
    Raindog

Re: K2 Scripts for orchestral instruments: I could need an update

Me too:

I am also looking for more information on orchestral, mostly stings related K2 scripts. Just don't have the time to learn K2 script programming, but I would be more than happy to pay for them.

I was also inspiired by Thomas J's Cello piece and the other symphony piece. I also want to put some life into my string compositions. So far the only scripts I have for stings are the legato, pitchbend, and portamento glide. I am also looking for something that would impart expressiveness to the samples, similar to what synful does and what TJ has accomplished. I've converted most of my sample to kontakt for use with K2. I have some nice libraries (KH Emerald and chamber stings, VSL Solo stings, EW gold, silver, K2 libraries, etc) that I have to breath some life into. Any help or pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ddarwin7
    I have some nice libraries (KH Emerald and chamber stings, VSL Solo stings, EW gold, silver, K2 libraries, etc) that I have to breath some life into. Any help or pointers would be appreciated.
    Have you visited dear Theo Kruger's site? He has made a few interesting scripts available. The 'ultra TKT' is really an awesome scripts to 'breath some life' into your samples. Big Bob's PCEdemo isn't finished because of the bugs in Kontakt 2 and we will have to wait AT LEAST several months before there will be an update (which of course doesn't garantuee an improvement in the KSP engine). But it is rather promising and fun to play with.

And there is the really very usable 'Sample Offset Legato' provided with the K2 scripts. Be aware: according to the manual you have to disable the looppoints to get it to work so use rather long samples. Sounds fantastic with the automatic sample offset time. I think it rather resembles the legato in Thomas J cello piece!!

cheerio,
    Frank

Quote Originally Posted by frankvg
    Have you visited dear Theo Kruger's site? He has made a few interesting scripts available. The 'ultra TKT' is really an awesome scripts to 'breath some life' into your samples. Big Bob's PCEdemo isn't finished because of the bugs in Kontakt 2 and we will have to wait AT LEAST several months before there will be an update (which of course doesn't garantuee an improvement in the KSP engine). But it is rather promising and fun to play with.

And there is the really very usable 'Sample Offset Legato' provided with the K2 scripts. Be aware: according to the manual you have to disable the looppoints to get it to work so use rather long samples. Sounds fantastic with the automatic sample offset time. I think it rather resembles the legato in Thomas J cello piece!!

cheerio,
    Frank
    Thanks Frank;

Forgot to mention I do have those as well (Theodor and Bob stuff) as I scroll down further on my script list. Maybe I should start exploring the scripts that I already have first. Thanks for the tip. I've never tried chaining the scripts, so far I've only used one at a time. I will start experimenting more with multiple scipts.

Dd

cheerio,
    Frank
    Hi Frank,
    does the TKT script need the smaple libraries to be treated in a special manner or does it work with all libraries from the scratch? Do you know which script is currently the most elaborated legato script (I don´t know if any legato script besides the one delivered with K2 is currently available)?
    Thanks for your help and sorry if the questions sound stupid but I´m not very knowledgeable in the script area.
    regards
    Raindog

Quote Originally Posted by ddarwin7
    Thanks Frank;

Forgot to mention I do have those as well (Theodor and Bob stuff) as I scroll down further on my script list. Maybe I should start exploring the scripts that I already have first. Thanks for the tip. I've never tried chaining the scripts, so far I've only used one at a time. I will start experimenting more with multiple scipts.

Dd
    Chaining is a very good possibilty although at times the outcome can be a bit erratic. I put the TKT at the end of a chain.
    Sometimes there is something wrong in the chain; as I have only just started using the scripts and learning scripting I can't always tell what's wrong.

Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Raindog
    Hi Frank,
    does the TKT script need the smaple libraries to be treated in a special manner or does it work with all libraries from the scratch? Do you know which script is currently the most elaborated legato script (I don´t know if any legato script besides the one delivered with K2 is currently available)?
    Thanks for your help and sorry if the questions sound stupid but I´m not very knowledgeable in the script area.
    regards
    Raindog
    As far as I know you can apply the TKT script to any library. Apply the settings according to taste!

Probably Big Bob's PCEDemo is the most elaborate: you can choose between glider, bender and legato. I think the bug only occurs when using the glider mode so you should be able to experiment with the legato mode.

The 'SOL' script ('Sample Offset Legato') provided with Kontakt 2 has an automatic offset function that sounds very good.

As far as I know you can apply the TKT script to any library. Apply the settings according to taste!

Probably Big Bob's PCEDemo is the most elaborate: you can choose between glider, bender and legato. I think the bug only occurs when using the glider mode so you should be able to experiment with the legato mode.

The 'SOL' script ('Sample Offset Legato') provided with Kontakt 2 has an automatic offset function that sounds very good.
    Thanks very much for your help,
    I´ll give it a try this weekend
    Regards
    Raindog

Hi guys,

Since I noticed the topic of script chaining (cascading) has been mentioned in this thread, I thought I'd chime in. As Frank has already alluded to, cascading scripts can sometimes produce weird results. There are several reasons for this.

1. Most scripts are not written with the thought that they might be used with other scripts.

2. The rules for cascading scripts was not documented by NI, so those of us who write scripts have to resort to experiment to determine what will happen under various conditions. And, since NI may change details in future releases, the rules may change and thus the performance of our scripts may change. It would be wonderful (but very unlikely) if NI were to publish detailed information about such things.

I have started sort of a 'spare-time' project to compile a list of interaction rules that will hopefully allow us to write more 'cascade-friendly' scripts in the future. But the time I can spend on this is very limited so I have no idea when I might have enough put together to post it.

There are a gillion questions that come up when one starts to think about cascading scripts. For example, if script #1 says to fade_out() the current note and script #2 says to fade_in() the current note, what actually will happen? This is only a trivial example of the kind of thing that we need to be concerned about. It may well be that there is no universal way to make a script 'cascade friendly' in that some scripts will always not want to 'play with' certain other scripts, but, I do think that some of the interaction problems can be foreseen and accomodated.

If anyone else is working on this cascading issue and already has some 'hard-won' info, please share it by starting a thread with this topic.

Bob
    Big Bob (aka Wonderful Bob)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bob
    Hi guys,

If anyone else is working on this cascading issue and already has some 'hard-won' info, please share it by starting a thread with this topic.

Bob
    Hi Big Bob!

Some information on cascading. Not really an issue, more a feature:
    There is according to the documentation no way to pass data from one script to another (other then the standard events). But there is a way to pass the value of a variable from one script to another: You can store the value of a variable in an unused controller and retrieve this value in the other scripts.

gh

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast