• Register
  • Help

Topic: Is m-audio delta audiophile 24/96 good for GS3?

Share/Bookmark

Question Is m-audio delta audiophile 24/96 good for GS3?

I would only be using it to play piano samples and also sonar to record some other midi and audio tracks on.

Also, my PC will have two audio cards, one GSIF compatible, and one lesser creative audigy 2 which I already have. If i have all my midi and audio set up to output to my alesis mixer, would it be ok to send the SPDIF out from the mixer BACK INTO the GSIF compatible sound card (that is generating audio out its audio out jacks to my alesis mixer), or would that create a feedback loop? The delta card has a SPDIF in and out jack.

Anyway, thanks for your insight,

Noel

Re: Is m-audio delta audiophile 24/96 good for GS3?

yes, works fine. I've used the audiophile and gs3 alongside a us122 usb sound module, and looped from the audiophile into the us122 (but never tried the other way around -- it should work, I'd think). Also used the audiophile at one time in a computer that had a older soundblaster sound card, no problems there either.

I have two GS3 machines with Audiophile 2496 cards and they work fine.

Can't answer the other question though!

Thanks for your replies. I still can't figure out if there will be a feedback loop in this scenario, and this is problematic because once upon a time, many moons ago, I did something similar and it actually ended up ruining data on one of my drives in a bad way! Anyway, prob better wait n see if someone can answer that question, which again is . . .

Gigastudio outputs analog thru delta audiophile to my mixer, which has an SPDIF out. Will there be a feeback loop if I send the DIGITAL output of the mixer back into the audiophile's SPDIF in?

Noel

Just a little food for thought : In regards to your Audigy 2 card, the KX Project drivers (3rd party and free)will compliment your card with GS and ASIO compliance, as well as having an excellent virtual patch/routing GUI.

Quote Originally Posted by Noel
    Thanks for your replies. I still can't figure out if there will be a feedback loop in this scenario, and this is problematic because once upon a time, many moons ago, I did something similar and it actually ended up ruining data on one of my drives in a bad way! Anyway, prob better wait n see if someone can answer that question, which again is . . .

Gigastudio outputs analog thru delta audiophile to my mixer, which has an SPDIF out. Will there be a feeback loop if I send the DIGITAL output of the mixer back into the audiophile's SPDIF in?

Noel
    You would need to mute the S\PDIF ins or you would very likely get some sort of feedback loop I believe. I mean, if nothing was muted in the loop certainly you would get some feedback. That said, I think it will only happen if you have the analog outs set to "monitor". If they are set to channels 1-2, then you'll only hear analog channels 1-2 and not the S/PDIF in.

I assume you're running audio back in to record it to wav instead of rendering from GS. (?) If this is the case there's no reason to monitor the input through your monitors. (its already there coming straight out of Gigastudio if I'm visualizing your setup correctly) If it is the case, you might want to consider rendering from Gigastudio instead, because this would probably be the best quality-wise. There's no real reason to do it by routing audio externally, even via a digital path.

Quote Originally Posted by fizbin
    If it is the case, you might want to consider rendering from Gigastudio instead, because this would probably be the best quality-wise. There's no real reason to do it by routing audio externally, even via a digital path.
    Thank you for your reply--I think you have shed the proper light on the problem.

I have used GS's .wav recording feature, but I am trying to record, in effect, a complete mix, with other devices and so forth. So how then could I render outputs of standalone sound modules, or other external instruments, thru GS? How is this accomplished, or is it only possible for GS samples?

Noel

You have to set your host to send MIDI start and stop, maybe some other stuff - I forget exactly now. If you post your host here I'm sure someone will be able to help.

After that you need to enable record in Gigastudio, specifying where you want to save and a name for the wav files. You then just play the song back in real time and Gigastudio will create wav files, which you then import into your host as audio files. After that you can shut down Gigastudio and just play from your host, applying processing and mixing as necessary to the new Gigastudio-generated tracks.

Make sense?

fizbin

Quote Originally Posted by fizbin

Make sense?

fizbin
    So, are you saying if I connect the analog outputs of each of my external sound modules (Korg T2ex/Korg Wavestation AD/Roland A90ex) AND my Delta audiophile's analog outs from which Gigastudio plays, into my alesis mixer, then route the alesis mixer's S/PDIF out BACK to the Delta's S/PDIF IN, that this would work somehow back in Gigastudio?! Boggles my pee brain!

Go Back to forum