• Register
  • Help

Topic: LPC - Giga to Kontakt - Help

Share/Bookmark

LPC - Giga to Kontakt - Help

Hi... I decided to venture into LPC to do a rock track. Since my giga PC was filled I wanted to install the kontakt version, only to note that it seems I did not get disk 3 of the kontakt version.

So my question is now - If I convert my Giga disk 3 to Kontakt, would that be the same as having the real kontakt disk 3 version. Or would I be missing something since the two disk 3's dont have the same data?

Re: LPC - Giga to Kontakt - Help

I would contact Akihito. At most you will be out postage. I would think there are substantial differences in programming.

jeffn1
    For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcussen
    Hi... I decided to venture into LPC to do a rock track. Since my giga PC was filled I wanted to install the kontakt version, only to note that it seems I did not get disk 3 of the kontakt version.

So my question is now - If I convert my Giga disk 3 to Kontakt, would that be the same as having the real kontakt disk 3 version. Or would I be missing something since the two disk 3's dont have the same data?
    Let me make sure;
    by 'disk 3' which you think you didn't get, do you mean 'Distortion disc3 for Kontakt2?

There should be 6 DVD discs for Kontakt2.

(Kontakt2 disc)
    Distortion disc1
    Distortion disc2
    Distortion disc3 <<< This one?
    Distortion disc4
    Clean disc1
    Clean disc2

Distortion disc3 for Giga is Giga2.0 format. Real time Legato Slide and some articulations are not available in Giga2.0 format. (They are available in Giga3.0 and Kontakt2 format.) And some parameters are not converted perfectly.

In any case, please let us know which disc is missing.

Akihito

Quote Originally Posted by Akihito Okawa
    Let me make sure;
    by 'disk 3' which you think you didn't get, do you mean 'Distortion disc3 for Kontakt2?

There should be 6 DVD discs for Kontakt2.

(Kontakt2 disc)
    Distortion disc1
    Distortion disc2
    Distortion disc3 <<< This one?
    Distortion disc4
    Clean disc1
    Clean disc2

Distortion disc3 for Giga is Giga2.0 format. Real time Legato Slide and some articulations are not available in Giga2.0 format. (They are available in Giga3.0 and Kontakt2 format.) And some parameters are not converted perfectly.

In any case, please let us know which disc is missing.

Akihito
    Hey Akhito... thats the one.

Marcussen,

I tried to send you a PM but your PM inbox seems to be full.
    I've sent you an e-mail. Please check it.

Akihito

Go Back to forum