• Register
  • Help

Topic: I want do to it right the first time..

Share/Bookmark

I want do to it right the first time..

So I have all the components of my set up and I want to make sure that I set up right the first time and don't have to redo anything.:

I have a Yamaha s90 running to my Alesis MultiMix 8 USB which runs to my monitors, and the Alesis connects via a USB to my PC. I also have the S90 hooked up through MIDI via a USB on the PC. I am going right now to get another GB of RAM (giving me 2GB RAM with a Pentium 4 3GB processor), and a second hard drive to set up as a secondary master and not as slave.

I am going to put Sonar on the OS drive, and then EWQL SO on the second drive (do I put the built in Kontakt player on the second drive or the first one).

My gaol is to do orchestral works with this set up, does anyone see any problems with any of this?

Thanks again for the help, my expertise is obviously not in the technical stuff
    "When I am in the right mood, ideas seem to teem with me. Those I like to retain. When I start composing I draw upon the accumulation in my brain." -Motzart

Re: I want do to it right the first time..

From a fellow non-tech wiz, it looks OK to me.

I would put the K player on the OS drive, but put the actual samples/instruments on the data drive.

As far as the master/slave stuff goes, I ended up slaving the 2nd, data drive, but only because I have a prefab Dell, and that's what the instructions said to do. It works fine.

I would humbly guess that either way will work fine, but maybe someone wise in the ways of computer tech can chime in here. Good luck, and joyous music making!

Regards,

Michael

Re: I want do to it right the first time..

Hi! sherbmusic.

As someone told me yesterday, you should ask this in the hardware thread, personnaly i don't care.

I am going to put Sonar on the OS drive, and then EWQL SO on the second drive (do I put the built in Kontakt player on the second drive or the first one)
    The idee is to put all your software on you C drive, and the samples on the sec. drive. So in your case you first install the Kompack playrer on the see drive, then the sec time you install the lybrarie on you samples drive.

You'll see, went you first install, you will have a choice of whitch component to install, tic the ones that you want, like i mention earlyer, it' s very easy.
    In your case, it should be:standalone + dxi on the first install, and the sec install, tic. the librarie, you will also have a choice as to where to install and that's when you deside wheater it will be c or d, e,f...

Goodluck

Go Back to forum