• Register
  • Help

Topic: "Changing the location of Kontakt 2...

Share/Bookmark

"Changing the location of Kontakt 2...

Is it possible for me to change the location of my Kontakt 2 main program (not the samples) from one hard drive to another, in the same system, without having to go through the re-authorization process?

Thanks and regards,

Larry Alexander
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Re: "Changing the location of Kontakt 2...

It might be possible, but there are multiple parts to it (VST/Standalone/DX). Do you mind if I ask you why you'd want to do this? There may be a simpler solution to your problem.

If you have a dual boot or are migrating to a different hard drive then you may be able to re-authorize without hassle because the machine ID should be the same. I'm sure that is the case when the other partition is on the same hard drive. I'm not sure when the install is on a seperate hard drive.

fizbin

At the present time the Kontakt 2 program and samples are on the same hard drive and I want to separate them by putting the Kontakt 2 program on my c: system drive and let the samples stay on my d: drive.

I don't have a dual-boot system.

Larry Alexander
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

I would uninstall Kontakt 2 and then reinstall where you want it. It should re-authorize fine.

fizbin

Quote Originally Posted by fizbin
    I would uninstall Kontakt 2 and then reinstall where you want it. It should re-authorize fine.

fizbin
    Thanks for the suggestion. I shall have a go at it.

Regards,

Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Go Back to forum