• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: LPCEWQLSCBFDHB

Share/Bookmark

LPCEWQLSCBFDHB

Hi all,

For those who want to make an opinion on those libraries.

Here is the link :

http://clardid.ledan.free.fr/MODUS%20OPERANDI.mp3

Re: LPCEWQLSCBFDHB

Is there any doubt that the music posted here is among the coolest around.

I got sort of a Queen vibe from some of it. Maybe Queen mixed with updated Deep Purple (mixed with some Goth stuff I know nothing about )

jeffn1
    For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

Very cool. I like the tune alot.

Opinions:

The choirs sound excellent, but are way too dry. They need a substantialy larger amount of reverb - listen to 'The Lord Of The Rings' soundtrack. Or the beginning of 'Duel Of The Fates' from Star Wars Ep IV.

The snare is sitting in a weird place in the stereo spectrum - it almost sounds like it's phasing. Listen to some good sounding rock albums with good sounding snares - AC/DC's 'Back In Black' and Metallica's 'Black' spring to mind immediately. Listen with headphones and A/B them to your recording - I think you will see what I mean.

The guitar sound is good, but a bit thin. Maybe add some more low-mid?

All in all a ver good effort!

Cheers.

Strange, a problem occurs. I can hear only the choir (which is great) and after the guitar scratch noise it fails. Load the mp3 second times.

Thanks for your opinions and kind words, and thanks for Queen and Deep purple !

Quote Originally Posted by RiffWraith

The choirs sound excellent, but are way too dry. They need a substantialy larger amount of reverb - listen to 'The Lord Of The Rings' soundtrack. Or the beginning of 'Duel Of The Fates' from Star Wars Ep IV.

The snare is sitting in a weird place in the stereo spectrum - it almost sounds like it's phasing. Listen to some good sounding rock albums with good sounding snares - AC/DC's 'Back In Black' and Metallica's 'Black' spring to mind immediately. Listen with headphones and A/B them to your recording - I think you will see what I mean.

The guitar sound is good, but a bit thin. Maybe add some more low-mid?

For the Choir, it could be OK for the begenning, but after, more reverb brings confusion with guitars.
    You're right with the snare. The problem must be with the BFD ambience with the reverb added.Perhaps we should manage a snare "alone", without BFD.

Mixolydian, I've just checked, the mp3 works fine for me...

Excellent job, Bravo.

LPC= guitar
    EWQLSC= choirs
    BFD= drums
    HB= bass...? Which library ?

Le Hardcore Bass
    Theo Krueger - Composer

www.TheoKrueger.com

Kontakt 2 Scripts

Thank you.

Thanks for your comments, MadJoe:-)
    Theodor is right, the bass is the "Quantum Leap Hardcore Bass" from Eastwest.

While we are at it

I like the riff alot, the sound is good. I agree that the choir is too dry, but specially "too close". You might want to try to cut out some high frequncies, to get it "further behind". You will also get a similar effect by mixing the stage mics (right?) with the far mics, but it's more work to render.

Great work anyway -- I enjoyed it untill the end!

Go Back to forum