• Register
  • Help

Topic: Just another comment on Garritan Industries

Share/Bookmark

Just another comment on Garritan Industries

So I finally got off my duff today and ordered the GOS library. I know that eventually it will go away, but for the interim it provides me with another set of colours to paint with, and this final offer was truly one I could not refuse<G>!

But that isn't why I'm posting...

I had some "issues" with the nice folks at Paypal, partly of my own doing, but heck, I'll blame them since they can't defend themselves. In the end, it was easier to just order by telephone, and so I did.

And of course Gary answered, and of course we ended up chatting for a few minutes about the state of sample technology in general, and all the cool things he is cooking up in particular. (No, he didn't provide any particulars, oh well, probably just as well.)

And then I placed my order, and at some point in the not to distant future I'll have a new tool to work with.

Couldn't be easier, or more pleasant.

I really like GPO and JABB, and I'm sure I'll like GOS, and eventually I'll like the Strad and GPOA.

But what I really like is Gary and Tom, and this community, whereby we can all help each other make better use of these tools.

And today was just one of those reminders.

Happy New Year All!

Bill

Re: Just another comment on Garritan Industries

I could not agree more, you are in good company Bill!
    GOS will blow you away.
    Dan

There are darned few companies that run the way Gary runs his shop.

Now, I know this is how he makes a living and all that (and personally, I hope he's making a bundle, because he works his backside off and deserves every penny).

But I always get the sense that the money's really secondary, if he even thinks about it at all.

This is all a labor of love and music for him -- a "calling"... it's where his heart is, and it shows.

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    -

I've always had the same sense about Gary. He's a good businessman to be sure, since he understands what appears to be a lost and arcane principle in the modern business world - if you treat people well, good things happen to you.

However, like everyone else, I see a guy whose real passion is helping others, and that's always the guy that I root for. Here's to a wildly successful 2006 for Gary, his family and his friends!
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Duncan
    I've always had the same sense about Gary. He's a good businessman to be sure, since he understands what appears to be a lost and arcane principle in the modern business world - if you treat people well, good things happen to you.

However, like everyone else, I see a guy whose real passion is helping others, and that's always the guy that I root for. Here's to a wildly successful 2006 for Gary, his family and his friends!
    Agree fully, Chris, and I see some of that in you as well!

See ya on the teleconference sometime next semester?!?...Jim
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir
    All Your Bass Sus&Short Are Belong to Us.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Duncan
    I third that emotion! Love for one's work is not essential to financial success, but for personal satisfaction, I'm sure Gary's 'cool-o-meter' is maxxed!
    Dasher
    -------
    It's all about the music - really. I keep telling myself that...

Gary is a class-act in every sense of the word.

You might look far and wide in the world of sample libraries, music software or even just the business world, and you will not find a more friendly, generous, caring and supportive guy ANYWHERE.

His whole business/customer service paradigm is the antithesis of tired, "business as usual," way of doing things in today's busy world.

Jerry Wickham
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry W.
    The way to write American music is simple. All you have to do is be an American and then write any kind of music you wish.

Virgil Thompson
    By the way, love the quote!
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Go Back to forum