• Register
  • Help

Topic: Guitar chords

Share/Bookmark

Guitar chords

Hey guys,

Is there a resource anywhere that shows the actual notes of guitar voicings in notation?

I am using the JABB guitar for comping and want to use actual guitar voicings instead of piano voicings which may well be impossible on guitar - I have books with guitar chord shape libraries and obviously can work through these to create my own library, but would prefer not to reinvent the wheel if this resource already exists.

Thanks...
    Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

Re: Guitar chords

This is not a direct solution for you but it's something you might want to check into.

Band in a Box, from PG Music, is a commercial program that you might have heard about. If you type in a chord progression, jazz fake book style, it will arrange a rhythm guitar part for you that uses authentic guitar chord voicings and inversions that a real guitarist would play. It will display these chords in standard music notation, and of course generate MIDI data that you can export and bring into your notation or sequencing program. It's really quite good at this, among its many other "auto arranger" functions. I think this could save you quite a bit of time and study.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard N.
    Hey guys,

Is there a resource anywhere that shows the actual notes of guitar voicings in notation?

I am using the JABB guitar for comping and want to use actual guitar voicings instead of piano voicings which may well be impossible on guitar - I have books with guitar chord shape libraries and obviously can work through these to create my own library, but would prefer not to reinvent the wheel if this resource already exists.

Thanks...
    This might be helpfull

http://www.chordfind.com/
    Robert Davis

I just realized that this post should be in the new Club JABB forum, not here. Moderators?

Thanks for the input so far.

Wheat - I can see why you suggest that this is a Club JABB thread, however I posted it here because the question is not really specific to JABB. It is a general question on Guitar voicings.
    Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

Thumbs up Re: Guitar chords

Quote Originally Posted by Wheat Williams
    I just realized that this post should be in the new Club JABB forum, not here. Moderators?
    ... a privilege not as distributed as one might assume.
    Styxx

Styxx

Go Back to forum